Monday 24 July 2017

A VERY Long Time in Preparation......

These are some Renegade 28mm ECW figures I purchased YEARS ago - I cant recall exactly when but would be at least 7 or 8 and could be longer....I do remember I got them around Christmas time and they had a 5 for 4 deal or something similar going. I have around 16 command figures, 32 pike figures and 48 musketeer figures, although a few have gone astray unfortunately!

Originally they were the basis for TWO projects - a Covenanting army AND the ten regiments of the New Model Army - I even painted up ten figures, one each in the uniform attributed to the New Model - I found a reference on the Sealed Knot website or somewhere that indicated such and such a regiment had white cuffs, such and such had yellow etc - the naissance of the "facing colours" of the British army....

However, I have decided to band both groups together to create a couple of Covenanter units. Not all the troops will be wearing the Scots bonnet but then as a true Scot, I have always been a bit dubious of the accepted wargaming convention that every single Scottish soldier wore one of these head dresses and not a single pike man or musketeer possessed a helmet.....

Anyway, I had about 20 of the musketeers already painted, so here are the first twelve (a regiments worth) based up.

I am in Christchurch on business for the next three days so there will not be much progress on this unit till the weekend.

I have done a couple of pictures of all four elements together, then one of each - the background is Craigievar castle in Royal Deeside, an area where a lot of the war in Scotland took place - Auldearn is not far away....









No comments:

Post a Comment