Saturday 26 August 2017

Sir Arthur Erskine of Scotscraig’s, the Ministers’ Regiment of Foot - Completed

I actually had these four elements of pike men painted and based last weekend, but they were only just done late on Sunday night and then early (0400) Monday morning, my wife and I headed off to the airport for a short 4 day break in Sydney NSW - so I have only got around to posting these now...

As with a previous ECW unit, I was unable to fit all the elements into my "photo box", so as the musketeer elements have already appeared on their own, I decided just to cut them off in the first two group photos!

 Above are the command and three pike elements together
 The next three images are close ups of the command and pike elements


A final view of all four elements from a slightly different angle.

As far as I can work out, all these figures are Foundry/Perry designed, but there may be one or two form a different manufacturer - however, they all seem to work well together. They are wearing primarily black but I have added some blue and hodden grey for some interest, and the officers as usual have some fancier clothes, finished off with some plaid to indicate their Scotishness!. The flag is not necessarily the correct one but the Covenanters regimental colours are pretty much a standard design and a black based saltire seemed a reasonable choice (and in any case, I had already fitted it to the ensigns pole before deciding to paint this unit...!)

4 comments:

  1. Completed, impressive...and superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words Phil - it is appreciated that you make comments whenever you visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another cracking unit Keith. Yes they are Foundry figures, full of character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mark - Andrew has a bulk lot of them he got off TM 5 or 6 years ago - in the Antiques section of all places! Lots of what he has are actually Renegade 28mm

    ReplyDelete