Sunday 15 April 2018

15mm WW2 British Infantry

I was fortunate enough to be offered a free pick of over 1500 Flames of War British WW2 infantry recently by a friend. His actual words were "Do you need any British Infantry?" to which the honest reply was "No, I don't NEED any, but I will probably take a few!"

So I went through the huge pile he passed to me in a large cardboard box and took out around 250. I have been painting and basing these for the last few days and this is the result so far - 20 bases of infantry, seven HMG teams and a couple of command groups.

It has been quite nice to rediscover the simplicity of painting WW2 15mm figures too - from go to whoa 16+ figures per session - its very easy to make progress at this rate!

The process has also enthused me sufficiently to pull out all the old "bits n pieces" of WW2 15mm that have been lying around the place for 10+ years, so I also have several 6lb AT guns, six mortars and some other stuff to complete - should end up with a decent little addition to my WW2 collection.










7 comments:

  1. Good to see you are keeping yourself productively employed Keith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark - yes, quite fun doing these "little guys" again for a change and as I say, its encouraged me to haul out a whole lot of odds n sods that will keep me gainfully employed for some time!

      Delete
  2. Nice job, I really enjoy your work on the bases...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil - the basing is a process of several steps - a layer of Polyfilla type filling compound first with figures attached, then when its dry, very watered down brown wash with flock sprinkled. When that's dry, I use PVA and add layers of bushes, model railway ballast and more flock to finish them off!

      Delete
  3. Great looking troops keith, but no surprise you took up your friend's offer; is there a british army you DON'T have? What rules do you think you'll use? These Tommys look good target practice for my fallschirmjager, ja? When I get some, of course, heh...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankee , Genl Lee...yes, there are MANY British armies I do not possess - any prior to 1650 for a start - no Marlburian or SYW, only a few in the 19th century, nothing in WW1 and so on. As to rules, they will be at the discretion of Dr Bell and doubtless change on a monthly if not weekly basis!

    ReplyDelete