Monday 22 April 2019

A Few Random RCW Figures

Today being Easter Monday and the weather in Auckland not that great, I had the opportunity to spend many hours at the painting desk, and completed the following seven RCW figures, all by Copplestone.

They are still on the 10c coins I use to hold figures while I paint them, as I intend to put them in amongst other units or command bases when I finally get around to reinforcing this collection...although, the Red Actions rule set we have been using of late does require individually based commanders, so that may change.

There are four Bolshevik Heroines (the second of these packs I have painted) plus three standard bearers. The flags are suitably Proletarian looking ones that I found on the net 18 months ago when this project started.

Heroine One - Inspiring the Masses to Greater Sacrifice!

Heroine Two - Combat Leader

Heroine Three - More Inspirational Speech Making

Heroine Four - Looks like she comes from Siberia!

First Standard Bearer in flat cap


Second Standard Bearer wearing Schlem


Third Standard Bearer in Great Coat


4 comments:

  1. Nicely done, and I especially like the browns you have used for the greatcoats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence - like much of my paint stock, this colour is provided by Resene Paints test pot holding about 100 or 200ml of paint and costing me a couple of dollars. This one is called Horses Neck for some unknown reason - its a nice khaki green I also used for WW2 Brits!

      Delete
  2. Lovely bunch of proletarian heroines and flag bearers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lawrence - the Copplestone figures make it very easy to turn out a nice looking figure, I love his sculpting style! It would be nice if he would add some new figures to this range....

    ReplyDelete