Monday 13 July 2020

Modern Parade - Part Three

As promised, tonight its the turn of the vehicles that are part of this collection. There are British and American vehicles here by a variety of manufacturers, followed by a large number of Taliban "technicals".

A brief description follows explains the images:

 
Britannia (I think) WMIK Landrover and "Snatch" Landrover

 
Second WMIK with a GMG (Grenade Machine Gun)

 
A Supacat Jackal - again by Britannia

 
Second Jackal with the GMG main weapon

 
Mastiff MRAP (Mine Resistant Armour Protected) Vehicle 
 

 
Another Britannia vehicle - Warrior APC

 
Plastic pre built Challenger II MBT

 
Liberation Models Humvee

 
Special Forces stripped down Humvee

 
A Soft top carrier Humvee variant

 
Another two pre built plastic vehicles - US Bradley IFV. They are from a company like Forces of Valor or something similar and cost about $20 - a bargain for the level of detail ready made out of the box!
 

 
The first of the Taliban vehicles - old style 80's Toyota Ute (as we call them here) or truck

 
Second older style Technical - both these are by MJ Figures I think.

 
The red and blue vehicles are much more modern versions by Britannia


 
The remainder of the Taliban vehicle fleet are standard kids toys - three for $6 I think they cost me from K Mart. The crews are a mixture of Elheim and MJ Miniatures, who make the seated figures as a separate pack




 
Thanks for looking - one more post in this parade to come - air power!
 


10 comments:

  1. Great collection of vehicles, Keith.
    Taliban cars are really cool looking and with machine guns are quite precise and iconic:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dmitry. I had some fun creating the different variations using the cheap toy cars and different figures

      Delete
  2. Keith, this is a nifty mix of military and non-military gun platforms. As Dmitry says, I like like the Taliban pickups too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathon. Pickups...THAT was the word I was trying to remember!

      Delete
  3. Awesome vehicles! I love the contrast between the desert yellows and civilian paint jobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. I really like the British Jackal ...it has a real "future wars" look about it but is something that actually exists!

      Delete
  4. Great looking vehicles here Keith, and the weathering is particularly effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence...yes I must admit looking at the images, I think I did quite a nice job of getting rust etc on the Taliban vehicles in particular!

      Delete
  5. Looks great Keith nice to see the Honda's out in force :-)
    That's quite a collection.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks stu...yes I might have a bit carried away with the Taliban vehicles but when they only cost a couple of quid each, I was able to get a few more than would be usual. Looking at them all, I thought I could do an ISIS type scenario, with a convoy of vehicles sweeping into town to cause chaos!

      Delete