Sunday 20 September 2020

A Quartet of Completed Reivers plus a Couple of Buildings

OK I just figured out how to switch of the HTML view - don't know why anyone would think that was the optimum default view - but I guess if you are Mark S or Jonathan F and understand these things, perhaps it makes sense.... 

(I don't know why the text above is blue - see below for when this actually happened....when I did the cut and paste, all the other parts returned to black but I cant get this one to change font colour....)

 

Now I am in "Compose" view and it looks like I am able to do paragraphs again, although I have a feeling that Blogger is constantly "saving" as I type and this is causing a lag between what I type and what actually appears on the screen - although this may be driven by correction of errors as I have noticed that it happened a lot when I was having to backspace to fix up an error, but now I am being more careful where I put my fingers (as Bishop said to the Actress...) I managed to type most of the last two or three lines without any pausing...

 

 

I have completed four of the eighteen Reiver figurers that arrived on Friday. I have deliberately paced myself, as I do not want to complete them in a few days, and then have nothing to paint for a while!

 

I am hoping that in this view, I will be able to see the images and add comments below, as I used to do...If all you can see below is a series of pictures, then I will have failed and given up in disgust and just published as is!

 

Here goes...….hmmm....that did not go well - I tried uploading a single image as a trial - it turned up at the top of the page....I cut it and pasted it where I wanted but then could not add any comments. I seem to remember Mark saying something about doing the descriptions first then adding the images after but I cant be arsed faffing around like that so I am just going to load them all and you can work out what they are!

 

Also the issue with lagging/freezing is back big time and NOW for some reason the font colour has changed to blue and everything I have typed is  underlined - either the designers are taking the piss or this is a pre production version and they are testing it on the user....

 

The bloody photos appeared ABOVE all this text again - but I have figured out its seems possible to cut and paste the text above the photos - what a scutter this new Blogger is....

 

 
















OK seems like I am now able to type as normal below the photos - so I could add descriptions but to be honest, this short post has taken over an hour and I cant be bothered fighting Blogger any more tonight - of course, it seems to be working fine now, my typing has not paused once since I loaded the images - maybe the trick is to load them first, then type your comments then move the comments around to where you want them to appear - but thats still a lot of hassle compared with how simple Blogger used to be...sigh!  FINAL NOTE - I spotted a couple of typos and went back in to edit - and now, most of the font is blue again - FFS!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

25 comments:

  1. Oh dear Keith you really are having a tough time with the new blogger! re: loading photos, I load them all then add in the captions below them, it seems to work. Not sure about the blue text though?? Cheers Greg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg...yes, maybe your suggestion is the way to go

      Delete
  2. A nice start to your new collection Keith...

    The figures have turned out really well... as have the buildings
    I wouldn’t worry to much about the font colour...

    Picasso had his Blue Period.... Now it’s your turn...🎨😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “ Picasso had his Blue Period.... Now it’s your turn...🎨😁” — Good one, Aly!

      Delete
    2. Cheers Aly..the air was certainly blue during the creation of this post!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keith, 2 different fixes depending how you edit.

    Firstly, in HTML view, look at the block that has your text, the first line will start with <span

    On this same line, you will see the ‘color’ setting.

    OR

    In compose mode, highlight all of your text and select the text colour from the command bar that shows the letter ‘A’ with a colour bar below it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also a thought, at the end of the post, just do a bit of back spacing to get rid of the gap between the end of the post and the comments section.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Norm... I did manage to use the Compose view tool to change the blue font back to black the first time, but when it changed a second time when I was editing my typos, it would not work. No doubt it was caused by careless typing and accidentally hitting some secret combination of keys..but I never had this issue with the legacy version...

      Delete
  5. Keith, you are having a tough time but don’t give up! To expand on Norm’s editing suggestions, above, copying from another app into Blogger copies the formatting too. It is useful to strip all of this embedded formatting from your newly pasted text before doing anything else. To remove this formatting, highlight the text block and then select the “T” with a slash through it, icon on the editing toolbar. That will strip out all formatting. Now, reformat to your desired style. This way, you can avoid diving into HTML.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is becoming more of a tutorial on Blogger II than comments on my actual post! Thanks for the tips Jonathan but my feeling is...none of them should be necessary...the bloody thing should just work!

      Delete
    2. Sorry! I like the results on your recent additions too!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Jonathan...that wasn't a dig at you...more a dig at Blogger! I will have another go tonight probably.....

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry you've had so much hassle with the new Blogger Keith:(. I've yet to do a post with the new version and am dreading it to be honest! Aside from that, the Reivers look excellent, as do the buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Steve...no one else who comments here seems to be having too many problems so it's probably just my incompetence!

      Delete
  7. Great looking troops and terrain Keith. So far, I've only made two posts using the new format, and only via my laptop. On my Galaxy 10, it doesn't appear to allow me to see all the functions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean...hopefully with practise things will become easier.....

      Delete
  8. Well, you got there in the end. Nice work on the figures, and those buildings with the 'towel' roofs looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Lawrence ow what went on with Blogger yesterday - hopefully it is not so frustrating next time I post. Its still not as bad as when I was using the iPad and it could take an hour or more to load half a dozen phots - but still very annoying compared to how simple the original version was...it just worked as you would expect it to...

      Delete
  9. Lovely looking figures and the building is ace,I have carefully gone through the photos this time!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - cheers Ian - I did wonder if the previous comment was some kind of wry humour around how long it had taken me to post using the new Blogger!

      Delete
  10. Ah Keith...welcome to the world of digital publishing...are you still posting on an iPad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way...like the figures...one has a certain Black Adder look to him and another reminds me of my old friend Jim Shaw!

      Delete
    2. Thank Mark - its doing my head in although tonight seems to have gone better! Yes they are very nice figures and pretty easy to paint given the big chunky detail - similar to Copplestone. TAG actually make a Black Adder II (Elizabethan) figure, along with Percy and Baldrick - don't think I will be getting them though!

      Delete
    3. Oh and no, not using iPad, doing this all on a laptop - so at least the images load in a minute or two rather than half an hour!

      Delete