Monday 28 September 2020

 

Hurrah! After approximately two weeks wait, my small order of Reiver related figures from Stu Armstrong at Col Bills has arrived!

A slim cardboard pack greeted me on arrival home from work this evening, and inside were one pack of Reivers on foot, one pack of mounted reivers, a pack of four “Bastle Burners” and a Belt Fed Games mounted Queen Elizabeth the First – who will be repurposed for use on the Border – possibly as her cousin Mary Queen of Scots!

A quick size comparison reveals they should work fine with the slightly chunkier Hokahay figures. These are very nice, clean castings, with quite a high tin content I would say, as they have that “shiny” look of Perry metals, for example.

Preparation on this small reinforcement shall commence this very evening!



Size comparison above with one of the Hoka Hay figures

 

The Bastle Burners armed with torches and bundles of wood



Four Reivers on foot

The mounted “Hot Trod” – a lawful hot pursuit


Her Majesty – or Her Grace if she is the Scots Queen!

That’s it for tonight, its taken a while again but I think this post will look ok when I publish it……

16 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear that your package has arrived and those are really very nicely posed figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve - yes, I think I have been worrying a bit too much - in the past, I have had stuff take 3 or 4 weeks and I have not worried unduly...but its certainly nice that they have turned up and yes, I am very pleased they are as nice as they are - its always a bit of a gamble the first time you buy figures, to see just how they look in real life compared with the images on line!

      Delete
  2. I do like the figure collecting the firewood - unusual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm, I agree...I am thinking these figures may have to be used as substitutes for more conventionally armed ones EG if a player wants to set fire to a building, he swaps the standard figure for one of these....

      Delete
  3. I love receiving a package of lead in the mail! Your post looks good to me. Maybe a few extra line feeds but no worries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jonathan! It doesn't happen often enough for me!

      Delete
  4. Some great additions to the cause. They should blend in nicely.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu, yes they are very nice figures - slightly different to the other ones from Hokahey, but equally well sculpted and nice clean castings - looking forward to getting some paint on them!

      Delete
  5. They look good Keith. Are you sure it's wise to repurpose Elizabeth as Mary? I'm not sure the real one would have approved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you are right Lawrence....but I read that on one occasion, Mary did a progress through the Borders, hanging the "naughty " people...(the word naughty obviously had a more serious connotation in the sixteenth century!) so now I have a scenario in my head requiring Mary and her entourage....probably going to be TAG Tudor border cavalry.....

      Delete
  6. Your very lucky...still waiting on two of my three parcels....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was talking to Chris the other day and one of his Perry parcels arrived live on air, courtesy of CP! I have been tracking the Fenryll order via a French website, rather disconcertingly, it now tells me that my parcel departed the country origin on both the 15 and 30 Septembre….!

      Delete
  7. Hurrah!... what’s not to like about new toys.

    They look very nice Keith...
    I look forward to seeing them painted.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly and the answer to your question is obviously - not a thing! Yes, they are quite nice figures and I have painted a couple already - will probably post something over the weekend...

      Delete
  8. Great looking figures! A company I'll have to peruse in detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean - they have an interesting second hand section that sometimes has some interesting stuff in it too!

      Delete