Monday 30 November 2020

All The Queens Horses and All the Queens Men.....

Tonight's presentation is the first three of my recently arrived TAG (The Assault Group) 28mm Renaissance Miniatures - Queen Elizabeth the First, a noble advisor and a standard bearer. I have sourced a few potential coats of arms for 1580's Scotland via Google for the latter and have them printed off in colour but forgot to bring them home from work with me.

I think the TAG figures have come out well and I have already started on the next three, the Border Reiver/Militia mounted command. A bonus was when I went on line yesterday to check something on their website and found they had a SALE on - four foot for £5.65 rather than the usual £7 - plus free postage over £57 - so I have "invested" in one pack each of Reivers on foot plus a unit builder pack of 20 Calivermen and two packs of Calivermen firing - this will make up a nice substantial force of around thirty "government" troops to pursue the skallywag Reivers!

These are the three figures that come together in the "Faerie Queene" pack
The titular lady herself
The royal standard bearer
A senior advisor to the Queen

Very nice crisp sculpts which were easy to paint and I particularly like the style of the horses in this range - looking forward to getting some more of these done over the next few days!

22 comments:

  1. Very nice work Keith and the Good Queen Bess(?) figures looks really good with the splash of bright colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, she probably won't be playing her intended role but she has turned out well

      Delete
  2. Lovely brushwork on these nice sculpts, Keith. TAG really has some interesting ranges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, yes, TAG seem to have concentrated a lot of effort on a couple of niche era's, but the quality of the figures is very high

      Delete
  3. Very good work! Thanks for the tip on TAG sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan and re the tip off, you are most welcome... I hope you got enough to qualify for the free postage!

      Delete
  4. Nicely done, the senior advisor is a nice figure for bring out his finery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm, yes I agree, that is a a very nice figure

      Delete
  5. They’ve turned out well Keith...
    There is indeed lots of lovely toys in the Assault ranges...
    I’ve found myself looking at the Thirty Years War stuff recently...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly, the TAG stuff has always impressed me but its quite pricey in comparison to other ranges and until the Reivers project came along, a bit outside my range of interests..

      Delete
  6. Very nice Keith, they have come up beautifully. Thanks from me also for the tip on the sale. It's the first time I have seen Peter do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence, yes, definitely very nice figures and I am pleased if I was able to assist in some small way in getting army number 41 underway!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I definitely didn't need another unpainted army but have just placed an order for some renaissance Tartars.

      Delete
    3. Lol...glad to be of service sir!

      Delete
  7. Hi Kieth- These are superb figures you've painted up - well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev, they are very nice figures so easy to do a reasonable painting job on them.

      Delete
  8. Nicely done, Keith!
    It’s good to start working on miniatures as they arrived. I usually delay painting due to a big line of previous acquisitions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Dmitry - I do not have the vast store of lead and plastic that many gamers seem to accumulate so yes, as soon as they arrive, I start work on them!

      Delete
  9. Splendid looking queen Elizabeth and support! The TAG figures are very tempting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain, and given your fascination with the Renaissance period, I would think TAG would have much to tempt you!

      Delete