Sunday 19 August 2018

"Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me..…"

I left a list of suggested suitable birthday gifts for my family, and indicated that if they were intending to spend $20 or $30 on a book or something else I was not that bothered about one way or the other, they might like to consider investing their money in something I actually wanted for a change. Imagine my surprise when it worked out better than I could have imagined, and between them, my wife, daughter and son had purchased ALL the suggestions (bar one I think) that I had made!

Here is a pic of the loot, which should keep me gainfully employed for a few weeks, particularly as most of them are 28mm plastics that require assembly


Below are some images of a group of RCW figures I have had sitting on the painting bench for about six months. They are by Siberia Miniatures and are a female HMG team. The figures are "ok", not as nice as many 28mm these days, but not bad. I think they have come out quite well...the weapon in an MG 08





11 comments:

  1. Happy birthday lucky man, love this evocative vignette...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil...nice to see you back on deck after an absence of several weeks for the summer holidays!

      Delete
  2. Well done that man! I should have some Spanish for the Peninsular later in the year...if I manage to pay off the current trip that is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark - that meal you reported on would take some paying off all on its own I imagine! BTW do you have any spare/extra Perry riflemen from all the boxes of Napoleonic Brits - I need 4 to make up another two battalions when added to the 14 from Warlord and the 4 that came in the Perry pack....

      Delete
    2. I have two riflemen figures...thought there were four, but not so. You are welcome to them.

      Delete
  3. An excellent birthday haul sir...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Aly - its Fathers Day here in NZ in a couple of weeks so I might try my luck again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the present front,that virtually never happens for me! Nice machine gun team too.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Iain - I have tried previously now my children are verging on grown up - 17 and 19 - but last year the closest I got was ME actually buying the stuff and my daughter giving me the money afterwards! Once, 15-20 years ago, I gave my wife three possible suggested lists for a Christmas present - and to my immense surprise, she got two of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the birthday wishes Jonathan!

    ReplyDelete