Monday 29 January 2024

A Quick Painting Update

 Tonight, I have the last of the Warlord Blitzkrieg Germans (Senior Officers/HQ), the first two 1st Corps Fallschirmjaegers AND a few more of the Three Musketeers figures hot off the painting desk!


This is a really attractive set and I think they have come out nicely.


So, I have taken images from every angle!


Enjoy - only a couple more of them!



And here are three images of a couple of the German para's I painted up as a "test".


Again, as many commented in the previous post, I think they look ok with some paint on them.



Now, the rest of the Cardinals Guard, the Cardinal himself, and, of course, his most famous agent!


Two more Cardinals Guards in red, and an assassin working for The Spanish Inquisition!


Cardinal Richelieu, flanked by two versions of M'Lady de Winter (the right hand sculpt is not the most attractive female figure I have ever painted, unfortunately!)


The Cardinal briefs M'Lady and the sergeant of his guards.....


M'Lady (with her identity concealed) and the sergeant enter the designated auberge.....


A sword fight erupts as the Cardinals men attempt to arrest D'Artagnan and the Kings Musketeers come to his aid!

Nice figures all, and I enjoyed painting them (apart from the rather stumpy and unattractive M'Lady figure!). I may be forced to substitute her for a better-looking version at a later date - purely in the interests of historical accuracy, I hasten to add :)

Thank you for your visit and I will appreciate any comments you are kind enough to leave!

31 comments:

  1. Lovely work all round. I particularly liked the background shots of your drawing room that appear in the latter photos. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers JBM, yes the smaller of the two drawing rooms came up nicely in the pictures, I thought!

      Delete
  2. Nice work there Kieth on all the new figures - you've certainly a talent there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate your kind words Kev, and I am happy with how my figures turn out, but I don't think my painting abilities are particularly note worthy!

      Delete
  3. Nice to see the fallscrimjager are so soon done, and surely will be featured In a game soon. But the Cardinal and his guards and agents really scream game soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe...I wanted to see how the FJ came out but it might be a little while till the rest get painted!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work there! Have a few Cardinals guards for painting and have an inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal and looking forward to seeing your Cardinals Guards painted up!

      Delete
  5. Lovely work Keith, especially the German command base

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Neil...a great little vignette to paint!

      Delete
  6. The Cardinal and his friends make a colourful lot, but I the German HQ figures are my favourite. Lovely work Keith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence and the Wehrmacht command group seems to be the crowd favourite so far 👌

      Delete
  7. I like the command table / map as a thing that I know I need to do, but I do like the character set, second from bottom, with the dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm, glad you approve! The character set you mention is an amalgum of figures from all sorts of disparate manufacturers....Col Bill's, Fenryll, Reaper and Brigade, plus a couple of NZ produced 3d prints!

      Delete
  8. Many super additions to your projects. I do like the red musketeers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon, great having all these different projects to choose from....and a few more unusual figures just arrived from the US today!

      Delete
  9. Looking really great, and super quick too! I 100% agree that lady D’winter needs to be attractive. I know we’re talking miniatures here but still, games need standards! Lol 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeedy Stew...and there are sculptors out there who can do it, no problem at all!

      Delete
  10. great collection there Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Splendid stuff Keith…
    The paratroopers have come out well… as have the Cardinals men.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly, I am pleased you like 'em all!

      Delete
  12. Lovely work there on all fronts Keith:)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely looking Wehrmacht command and flashing blade types, you've got to fight for what is right? I can't remember the dubbed lyrics anymore!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...you read my mind Iain....I have a DVD of The Flashing Blade en route as we speak! Also started rewatching the BBC Musketeers series fron 5 or 6 years ago!

      Delete
    2. And through the magic of the internet - here are the lyrics!

      You've got to fight for what you want,
      For all that you believe.
      It's right to fight for what you want,
      To live the way we please

      As long as we have done our best,
      Then no-one can do more,
      For life and love and happiness,
      Are well worth fighting for.

      Delete
  14. Lovely work Keith…….’stumpy and unattractive’ surely not 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in comparison to the new batch of Effincool figures, I don't think the Paul Hicks (?) Brigade figure is all that great, Matt?!

      Delete