Wednesday 31 January 2024

Latest arrivals From the USA - WARNING R18 - Viewer Discretion Advised!!

I don't know how I found these figures originally a few months back, but since I did, I have had a mind to purchase a few and see if they are really as good as they looked on the Effincool Minis website

Effincool Miniatures – Effincool Miniatures (effincoolminis.com)

These figures will be used in my pulp adventures - somehow! - and I can report that they are, in fact, as nice as they seem in the images. John the guy at EffinCool was great to deal with - he felt one of the figures (the Sitarist) was below standard and the mold needs remaking - so added "some goodies" as compensation. Firstly, the figure looked pretty good to me when it arrived, and secondly, the "goodies" were two additional figures from the range - which, at US$7 each, is a fair bit of goodness, particularly as I only ordered 7 in the first place!

Anyways, here are the images, lifted straight from the website. The only surprise I got was, I had somehow assumed these would be resin, but they are, in fact, very nice, crisp metal castings. John tells me they are 32mm figures but that's fine by me for Pulp, as they can easily be explained away as an entire race of super models! 

The concept is basically a Sultana (female sultan, not a dried fruit!) and her court.....



Sultana Heteira


The Sitarist


Wot it says ..... :)


Water Bearer

Lounging Courtier


Fire Breathing Entertainer




Snake Charmer


Dancing Entertainer


The Sultana's companion.

Looking at the images again, I have to say, the details such as the chains of pearls on the figure above are not as "proud" as they look here on the actual figures, but in all other respects, they ae very nicely sculpted and cast miniatures.

I am off for a game of Zombie killing at Julians place on Friday after work, so an AAR on that may well be the next post - first one for February - yes, we are a month down already!

41 comments:

  1. I refuse to comment on the companion bints « pearl necklace ». You are leading me to a dark place. For that matter I shall not mention the water bearers jugs either. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...must be the speediest "first comment " I have ever recorded on my blog, JBM, congratulations!

      Delete
    2. Making up for lost time - now it seems to be working again!

      Delete
    3. The vagaries of Blogger.....glad it's back to normal!

      Delete
    4. The sitarist shows off more than her pluck.

      Delete
  2. Definitely colorful, before priming even. Now the game story line should be "interesting" is my hope. You have a chance to show various skintones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colorful is a nice description Joe! I am thinking they will be mostly middle eastern but with a couple of European servants/slaves!

      Delete
  3. Lordy: I reckon you'll want to practice up on your flesh tones before starting in on these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, that sounds like a good plan Ed!

      Delete
  4. Some nice miniatures there, the fire breathing entertainer should look impressive when painted up, never heard of this company before and they have some really interesting stuff on their site, looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnie, I did not know them either until a couple of months ago! I am a bit concerned about how well I will be able to paint the flames, to be honest!

      Delete
    2. Those figures remind me a bit of the larger Phoenix Miniatures by Tim Richards (which you know, I think, I have some of:))
      Key thing with flames is to go light to dark, from source out to end of flame, starting with a white yellow.
      Also, still waiting for the dungeoncrawl AAR?

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the painting advice Andrew....most welcome! Yes, I have all the images, plus some of an update to my Reivers saga....just need to have a gap in new figure arrivals to fit them all in! Don't worry, I will do the AAR at some point in the coming week!

      Delete
    4. And yes, BTW, they are a bit like the old 54mm Phoenix "Atlantis" figures!

      Delete
  5. Interesting sculpts. As you mention perfectly fine for pulp gaming. You'll get plenty of practice on flesh tones

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure I can squeeze those ladies into my Napoleonic collection but perhaps I could use them in Al Andalus 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, your Naps are a bit late, Matt....if they were earlier Era, you could involve them with Napoleon in Egypt, perhaps?! The latter suggestion is definitely feasible too!

      Delete
  7. Now this will be a pulp game worth reading the AAR and enlarging the pictures....
    😜😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol....hopefully I will get the most comments ever when I post the AAR !

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I hope they will be when I have painted them!

      Delete
  9. Yes, I can see this lot being kidnapped in one of your pulp games Keith. Nice sculpts, and it was very generous of John to include a few free extras.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence, at present my fevered mind is thinking more along the lines of the main Pulp characters being captured or something along those lines by the Sultana and her coterie....

      Delete
  10. I bet you have those well hidden in the garage Keith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might very well think so Mark, but I cannot possibly comment!

      Delete
  11. Keith, I don't know what to say 😁
    Obviously there has been some mix up on who's turn it is to do the laundry!
    Or they are really serious about "not having a thing to wear."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very, VERY hot in the Middle East....and this is pre Islam, Ben, so dress codes for women were a bit less restrictive! 🧕

      Delete
    2. As long as they have plenty of sun screen on then I am OK with it. 😁

      Delete
    3. Glad to see you looking out for their health and safety, Ben....we don't want any melanoma developing later in life!

      Delete
  12. So female check, nudity check ,must be a Keith post! Nice sculpts to be honest!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...what about the six months of fully clothed, Blitzkrieg German Males....I think this type casting is a bit unfair, Iain!

      Delete
  13. Good for Flashman type pulp games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Chris....I have been after the 28mm Flashman figures for years....unfortunately, they seem to be permanently out of stock/production

      Delete
  14. Great sculpts there Keith and it certainly shows the advantages of 3D sculpting packages such as Z-Brush etc. The figures remind me of those adds you used to see in the Airfix and Military Modelling magazines of similar style figures, sculpted by a chap in East Anglia who featured on the local news once. I can't remember if they showed the ladies 'deshabille' or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve! I well remember some ads in MM for "risque" figures back in the 70's particularly the Phoenix ones mentioned by Andrew above.

      Delete