Sunday 19 November 2023

Fresh From The Painting Desk Today......

 The first half of the 1st Corps Blitzkrieg Motorradschutzen, plus a slightly different 3D print from JJG in France.


I decided to do the two single motorcycles first, as assembling the sidecar combinations, is, with my average model making skills, a bit of a challenge!



First up the single rider - pretty straight forward



The two up single bike was a bit more hassle - I had to remove the butt of the riders' rifle to allow the pillion passenger to fit where he was supposed to go!



Attaching the side car to the bike was annoying as.... well, very annoying anyway! In fact, in the end, I just hosed the plastic base with Liquid Nails adhesive and "positioned" the sidecar in the appropriate location adjacent to the bike.


And lastly, I bought a few "extras" when I ordered the 3D printed motorcycles a few weeks back - this is the first of them - if it's of interest to you, see here...Napoléon et Maréchal | JJG print 3D


As the link says, Napoleon et Marechal - consulting a map.


Very easy to put together and paint, I did the whole thing in a couple of hours tops. The two figures are printed complete as they appear, with the table all one thing too - so NO assembly - hurrah!


For the map, I just Googled Period Napoleonic Battle Map or something similar at work then used Paint to reduce the image to 50%, 35% and 25% size, printed it off and chose the best sized version when I was home with the model table in front of me - I think it looks pretty good!


And here is a final image to give an idea of scale, with Front Rank Garde Imperiale on each side of L'Empereur.


A bientot, mes amis!

28 comments:

  1. Great looking figures Keith. The Napoleon diorama is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ben - the same supplier has several other iterations of Bonnie - I am tempted to get them all!

      Delete
  2. Great looking troops, Keith. The Napoleon vignette is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Dean - I like the Napoleon set, too!

      Delete
  3. Great work on the motorcycles and side car. When do they get to see action on the table? The Napoleonic diorama is superb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scotty. The first game for the Blitzkrieg collection may be in December - if things work out!

      Delete
  4. The HQ table is a very nice addition and interesting that It comes as one piece, so you get a scene exactly as the designer intended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm - I am more and more convinced that 3D printing will be "the next big thing" in wargaming, even if most of us still have to purchase the printed figures from people with the technical know-how to make the printers work!

      Delete
  5. Nice additions to the motorcycle gang Keith.
    I also like the Napoleon command group… There are some nice figures in that range…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly - yes, there are - I have even toyed with the idea of a full battalion of Napoleonic infantry, just to see what they turn out like..... the cavalry are very nice too.

      Delete
  6. You made short work of your latest motorcycle gang recruits. Very handsome N. vignette too! I have yet to dip a toe into the 3D printing waters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon, you should have a look and see if there are any 3d chariots available...I am certain there will be!

      Delete
  7. I like your liquid nails solution to basing sidebars. The cycle troops are all nicely done and surely you will treat us with them in action soon?

    But the staff table Napoleonics piece, that is a little gem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, I do hope to get the troops in action soon!

      Delete
  8. Brilliant work on all the figures. I do like your motorbike troops. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard...three more m/c to go, then they are all done!

      Delete
  9. Great work, even if a little frustrating in having to manoeuvre things into position. I have been very close to purchasing a 3D printer two or three times now but have demurred as I would just end up printing stuff that will sit on a pile and gather dust. I have a friend who is on his second one and he seems to spend a lot of time practising before he gets the results he wants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence....if i thought I could buy one, plug it in, read some SIMPLE instructions in plain English, get the STL files and instantly print models of the quality I recently purchased, I would probably do it...but I have read if too many people who have tried and failed with these devices...it seems like you need at least a bit of computer literacy and I have none! Mark S might consider one.....

      Delete
  10. Excellent, especially the map scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Greg..... I like that vignette, too!

      Delete
  11. Great work on the Kradschutzen and the Nappies command bases too:). For my 10mm motorbike and side cars I've simply stood them on a bit of plastic that is the right height, so that it takes all the weight and supports them perfectly, so not relying upon the tiny joints they come with. Much more durable and way less stressful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, yes, your solution sounds similar to the one I adopted....the 3d prints were much h easier!

      Delete
  12. More lovely bikes and I really like the generals poring over the map. What is it a map of though I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai...it is definitely a genuine Napoleonic battlefield...I just found a batch of them on Google, as per my post...can't remember which one I chose, though!

      Delete
  13. Great looking motorbikes and lovely Napoleonic vignette!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Iain...you should check the 3d prints out for some leaders for your recent Napoleonic painting surge!

      Delete