Sunday 9 February 2020

Progress This Week

As mentioned in a previous post, I have taken a break from female gunfighters this week and have worked on some Warlord hard plastic Portuguese Napoleonic infantry, in this case the 13 Line Infantry Regiment. I used the earlier Barretina shako heads for this unit and painted them with dark blue trousers, matching their coats. I have one more battalion, the 24 Line, and then four battalions of Cacadores, to complete the division I am building.

Here are three images of the completed 13 Line. All their facings and piping are white, which made the collars and cuffs etc easier to finish off.




11 comments:

  1. Your Portuguese are superb! I recently pushed a battalion of Front Rank Cacadores into my painting queue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan...I also have Front Rank Cacadores but need 48 more...I will probably go with FR again although I could be tempted by Warlord, Brigade of Perrys...so many choices! Look forward to seeing how yours look when they muster off the painting table.

      Delete
    2. It may be awhile until my Cacadores see the photo booth. I have a long line of units queuing up in front of them!

      Delete
    3. Oh well....something to look forward to....after all, Rome wasn't built in a day!

      Delete
    4. Well, if you want to see them, I will put them up next!

      Delete
  2. Great work Keith. They look very sharp and beautifully turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Lawrence...doubtless much smarter than they would have appeared in actuality!

      Delete
  3. Those are lovely Keith, the battlefield clutter really adds to the feel.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Stu...one of the great things about the plastic sets is there is always plenty of leftovers that can be used this way...I always have one or two discarded shakos on my bases nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely looking unit Keith...
    I like the relatively simple uniform set of with more elaborate Portuguese standards.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly....one more battalion to go, this time with stovepipe shakos and white trousers, then it's on to Cacadores and possibly some artillery

      Delete