Saturday 22 February 2020

2nd Royal North British Dragoons

Well, here is the first pair of Scots Greys (to give them their more familiar title). This is the officer and trumpeter, which are metal figures. The trumpeter is slightly unusual, in that he is sculpted with his instrument slung over his back and in the process of drawing his sabre, having presumably spent the previous three minutes sounding the charge and is now about to come into contact with the enemy...sensible chap!

As mentioned on the previous post about these figures, the metal figures are mounted on two of the standard plastic horses. One potential problem for fussy wargamers here is that the officers saddle cloth etc are exactly the same as the troopers. This does not worry me and in fact may be more accurate on campaign , but I imagine some may take issue with it

Five images below from various angles





10 comments:

  1. Nice! Had you not mentioned the saddle clothes, I would not have noticed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan ...as I said, it doesn't worry me unduly but I know people who won't use SYW troops for the War of the Austrian Succession because the style of cuffs had changed!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, I am happy with how they have come out.

      Delete
  3. One of my favourite regiments, and you have done them proud Keith. I always prefer the figures without the bearskin covers as you have them here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence ...I agree, the kit has an option for oilskin covers but they were ignored by me!

      Delete
  4. It's a good job this is not the comment section of the daily mail then Keith.... :-)
    They look fine to me and to be honest it's not something that has ever troubled me, as long as the game has the spirit of the period, in the heat of game play who is really looking that close.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...it certainly is Stu. Most of my British Napoleonic collection are wearing stovepipe shakos for the Peninsula, and the Scots Greys never served there....will that stop me using them in a game...probably not!

      Delete
  5. Splendid...
    You can’t go wrong with the Royal Scots Greys...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely Aly...I have been tempted on several occasions to buy the perry vignette of Sgt Ewart capturing the French eagle at Waterloo....

    ReplyDelete