Tuesday 4 February 2020

Some New Arrivals from Siberia

After a not inconsiderable wait, yesterday, I received a very small package from Michael at Siberia Miniatures. This contained eight Bolshevik driver figures, two each of the four variations he produces. These will be painted up to crew the various RCW vehicles I created last year using the very cost effective Matchbox Yesteryear models.

Following are four images of the figures, the first two showing the drivers in traditional Russian "Schelm" headgear, then the other two wearing peaked caps. Next, two images showing each pair in one of the Yesteryear models, to give an indication of how well scaled they are. Finally, for perspective, I thought I would share a picture of my eighteen year old sons latest "toy" purchase....cost more than I have spent on figures in the last three years I should imagine...but as he has been working as an apprentice builder since the age of sixteen, all bought and paid for in cash from his own savings...next day he bought a Karcher water blaster to clean it!






8 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing your new figures with a coat of paint and seted in their vehicles. Looks like a nice bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, currently I am working on the 13 Portuguese Line ....two elements of six are completed and a further two are two thirds done tonight. I should have the whole battalion done by the weekend.

      Delete
  2. Interesting pieces Keith. So what does your wife think of Michael’s purchase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are not the best ever but not too bad....and they were the only source of Bolshevik drivers so it was a good find. You may recallI already have a few of his figures in my RCW collection. Ruth is fine with the bike...anything Michael does is pretty much ok with her!

      Delete
  3. Nice figures, and a nice purchase by your son. My Karcher caught fire just before Christmas and ended up as a molten ball of plastic. It was seven or eight years old, so I can't complain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence ...I hope they look ok when painted up. Eight years isn't too bad I guess, hopefully Michaels lasts as long!

      Delete
  4. Nice looking drivers, I think I was lucky, I moved in with my then girlfriend and all the money I'd saved for a motorbike just seemed to evaporate!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Iain...the bike is just for playing...he already has a girlfriend of three years standing but they still nominally reside in their parental homes, so he still has some freedom of action!

    ReplyDelete