Wednesday 1 June 2022

New Arrivals - Change of Pace

A couple of days ago, I had two lots of new figures turn up. 

Firstly, at Julian's place on Friday, I took possession of some 28mm RCW figures by STP (Siberia Miniatures) that had been en route from Russia since before the commencement of the Special Military Operation. Indeed, the delay was mainly attributable to this event, and necessitated the rerouting of the said freight via Julian's daughter in Oxford!

I have purchased a few figures from Gennady at STP previously but have always had a hankering for some more, so when Julian announced he was planning to get some 1920's Poles. I jumped on his band wagon and added a couple of packs of RCW Bolsheviks to his order. 

The figures are quite nice but BIG! I have taken a comparison photo - they tower over Copplestone, which are themselves not diminutive figures, so you get the idea! Also, rather annoyingly, the mixed Bolshevik infantry set I ordered did not turn up, and I received a substitute instead - I am not sure if this was an ordering error our end or something that was cocked up in Russia - strangely, the pack I ordered is no longer shown on either the STP or the Caliver/Minifigs websites - so maybe its just not available any more/at the moment, and the supplier didnt bother telling us. The substitute pack is OK but a bit "samey", three of four charging poses in greatcoats and fur hats, whereas what I ordered was about 20 figures in multiple different poses all wearing the distinctive budyonovka headgear....oh dear, how sad, never mind as BSM Williams was wont to say!

Then on Monday, I had a rather large cardboard carton arrive from Noble Knight games - truly, it must have been 25cm x 20cm x 20cm or thereabouts - large, because it contained a mere 6 x 28mm figures! A few additions for the Pulp Project - focused on ideas I have around Egyptian tombs and awoken ancient spirits etc....




First up, here are the STP figures I picked up on Friday evening - LMG troops (left) Substitute (right) Field Gun and crew, and a senior commander


This is what I intended to purchase...



These are what I received - ten figures in a mixture of these four poses - note size v Copplestone Bolshevik Heroine - I reckon they are more like 32mm....


Mounted and dismounted versions of the Senior Bolshevik Commander


The Bolshevik Filed Gun - this is probably my favourite!


And here are the new Reaper figures added to the Pulp Collection - I think they are, from left...Mummy Queen, Mummy King and Priestess, with a pet baboon for the priestess to the fore!


And three Ancient Egyptian statues that should add a bit of local colour to the scenery/terrain!


Finally, another of the Christmas present 3D miniatures thats been kicking around on my painting desk since December!


I did mention I had some rather nice images of figures painted recently by our talented mate Nick, so here they are. Nick is off to the UK on business soon and has lined up some wargaming on the side - he has a lot of contact with Helion I believe and may be catching up with some of the guys there. These two groups are by way of a gift - and jolly nice they are too! As an added piece of interest, Nick informs me that these are old Maruader Miniatures by none other than our friend, Mr A Morrison!






Thats my lot for tonight - off for a game with Andrew tomorrow after work, so should have an AAR to present in a day or two. I currently have the three Pulp figures plus the Bolshevik commander on the painting table, so expect images of them shortly too - its all go here!

Thanks for dropping by, cheers!

18 comments:

  1. I've often looked at the STP range for my own RCW collection, but have been waiting for the end of the Spevial Military Operation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scotty. There seem to be fewer of the STP figures available at the moment, I don't know if that's a temporary thing or he has stopped making some of the range....

      Delete
  2. The heavens have opened, and goodies are pouring down upon you! Amazing brushwork by Nick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And more to come Jon! Track & trace indicates that my 20mm vehicle kits have arrived in country from Poland, so delivery should hopefully be today!

      Delete
  3. Really like a Egyptian stuff and of course a Mr Nick's painting work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal. I believe some of Nicks work features in the Helion range of books, which is why he is scheduled for a catch up with them when visiting the UK.

      Delete
  4. A very nice selection of figures you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice mix of goodies there Keith and a real shame that the original multipose order was unavailable, as they do look a really nice set of figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, yes, I am still not sure where the issue lay, but the fact they don't seem to be available tends to point to a substitution ....

      Delete
  6. Nice solid figures there Keith and they look as though they will paint up well. They are quite large though, as you say. The Reaper figures look very nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Lawrence...yes, they seem nice, just a bit less nice than what I was expecting to turn up....but, oh well!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Peter! The spice of life and all that!

      Delete
  8. And very colourful they are too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be Nicks Landesknechts you are talking about there Mr Rousell! They certainly are!

      Delete
  9. Pity you didn't get what you ordered but the chunky chaps do look good, nice Egyptian stuff and the empire/ landsknechts look ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain - the RCW figures will be fine and the Pulp additions are working out nicely (next post!) Nick is certainly a wonderful painter!

      Delete