Wednesday 15 June 2022

Some More SCW Figures...Plus....Exciting News!

 Firstly, I have got some more of my SCW Republicans based. These figures have been sitting on the painting desk finished for about a week, but I had run out of my favoured bases - for skirmish type single bases, that's NZ 10c coins (same size as a British penny and used to be 2c coins when I first arrived in NZ - that's inflation for ya!) Anyways I finally made it into an ACTUAL BANK yesterday and obtained $10 worth of bases .... I am possibly committing some heinous offence but I doubt anyone is going to find out and/or report me to the relevant authorities :)


First up its a few more of the Republican Regulars


Officer


NCO


A couple of LMG gunners




Mortar Crew




A next, the last of the Militiamen









Part The Second


Meanwhile, in 28mm news, the build up to the next solo Pulp game has begun


Our heroic British ladies have been joined in their remote desert encampment by their pale skinned Foreign Office contact, Cambridge graduate Kimberly Ffyll-Baye. What could possibly go wrong now?!


Back at the local German HQ, the main characters meet to discuss their next move. Fraulein Doktor Else Schneider is absent, still recovering in the Feldlazaret from the severe punishment dished out to her by the Britischer Sshweinhunde!


Not too far away, the Italian team has arrived at their Libyan forward operating base and are being inducted by the local station chief (ess)


The French agents, after a leisurely six course déjeuner, have a second meeting with the shadowy Government official


Whilst in the Reichskanzlei, a full review of the recent shambolic efforts in North Africa is underway


And Uncle Sam's nieces are ready to go!

And finally - the Exciting News!

After almost 12 months, I seem to have resolved my non delivery issue with Lon at Brigade Games. 

Thanks to a helpful US brother in arms (step forward Mr Jonathan Freitag!) I was able to obtain contact details for the New Jersey State Government Consumer Affairs Department. Having received an email reply from this fine body, I copied and pasted it into the Brigade Games CRM query number and advised Lon that I intended to lodge a complaint against his business with his state regulators


Lo and behold, not a couple of hours later, I had a response from Lon.....


After a few emails to and fro earlier today, the situation was resolved amicably and Lon will resupply the full order at no additional cost to me...RESULT!

I do feel that the mention of an official complaint is what elicited the long awaited resolution of this situation but I let it go and was all nice as pie with Lon - after all, he has some nice figures and I don't want to get offside with him, as I will likely want to order from him again in the future.

So, everything seems to be coming together - although of course we won't know for certain until the second batch of figures are in my hot little hands - hopefully, this will be around the 12 month anniversary of the date I actually submitted and paid for the order - 4 July 2021!

27 comments:

  1. Nice additions and pleased your postal issues are resolved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scotty - it was a bit more than a postal issue I reckon but yes, nice to get it finally sorted out!

      Delete
  2. I must admit I spent about $50 buying 20mm bases from Likto at 11c each plus postage before realising I could just use 10c pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...a friend of mine buys metal washers from a hardware store at 25c each...he has tried to convince me of their merits but I can get ten bases for a dollar and he only gets four...mind you, if it was thirty years back, I would have been able to get fifty, as the exact
      same coin used to be 2c....when I was a teenager in the UK the coin was 1p...so 100 for a pound...now that would be bargain base(ment)s!

      Delete
  3. Great looking Spanish civil war types and good to hear that the issue has been resolved, not the best advert for Brigade games to be honest but well done Jonathan!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain...the situation with BG is partly my own fault, as I could have done this all six months ago!

      Delete
  4. Nice work on the new SCW and Pulp figures Kieth. It is a shame that you've had to go to extraordinary lengths to resolve an order problem ....there is a lot to be said for good service in business. I've had some problems with very slow postage from overseas- I'm now resolved to try and only buy locally. Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev. It took a long time for me to actually do something more than email the supplier, but it's great he responded immediately once I did put some pressure on him. I don't think buying locally is really an option in New Zealand, we just don't have most of the figure ranges here.

      Delete
  5. Huzzah! Glad to hear your order is on the way to be settled. Dazzling ladies up next? Truly an exciting post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe! Surprisingly, the bulk of the BG order are make RCW types....but there may be a smattering of the fairer sex too!

      Delete
  6. Keith, you are painting up a storm! Excellent additions to both projects. Your varied backdrops on the pulp figure review are inspiring.

    Report back when you actually receive the replacement order from Brigade Games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon, the benefits of Google search and a colour printer at work! I will certainly make a big announcement when the BG figures arrive and thanks again for your help!

      Delete
    2. I was wondering that as well. I was like “wow, the man got super cool backdrops just got the character shots. That is FULL commitment!”

      Very cool figures and the pulp stuff is coming along like an Indy movie. 😀

      Delete
    3. Thanks Stew - trying to confuse me, eh, hiding your comments in amongst all the others? Its really not that difficult to source a few background images and copy them onto word, then print them off!

      Delete
  7. More great SCW figures there Keith and the next Pulp outing looks rather spiffing. These days I've stopped using 1p & 2p coins for basing, as some would develop a strange white fuzz to the edges when painted. So now I use mdf ones from Pendraken which IIRC work out cheaper than using the coins.

    Well done to Jon in helping you sort the issue out with BG and let's hope they now turn up for you. Amazing what a legal letter will do to one's memory;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Steve, I hope I don't have an issue with my bases...they seem ok so far!

      Delete
  8. Promise I will not give your secret away!

    More great looking figures. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate your silence re my basing technique Mark! I hope you are progressing well on the health front.

      Delete
  9. Sorry mate but despoiling the coinage is a serious matter and I’ve had to dob you in to the authorities. I’m hoping that when they seize your entire miniatures collection as proof of the crime they’ll send some of them my way as a reward. Lol. 🤭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always one, isn't there JBM! I will be spending the next few days rebasing my skirmish figures now...thanks!

      Delete
    2. To be honest I think Keith has increased the value of the coins…so any reward should surely go to him 😁

      Delete
    3. Haha - thanks for the support Aly!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful looking minis as always sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal appreciate you visit and comments

      Delete
  11. Good news on the missing order Keith. I had a similar issue with a supplier in the UK, but it was only 30 pounds worth or so and after several ignored emails just gave up and ordered it again. Lovely work on the figures and nice scene-setting with the pulp figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence - that was my thing - if I had not got it sorted with BG, I would not have ordered directly from him again .... although, I might have considered ordering via a proxy! So, I am glad it's resolved, and I can potentially buy from him again in the future without compromising my principles!

      Delete
  12. Great looking toys Keith…
    It’s good to hear that your order is finally going to get to you…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete