Sunday 5 June 2022

Lots Happening

 I have made a bit of progress on two different projects, plus Rick and I checked out a Bolt Action competition at the Hobby Event Centre mentioned on a previous post



I have now moved on to the Republican Militia figures



Only these three based so far but about ten more nearing completion


Officer


NCO throwing grenade


CNT Standard bearer - yes, I know - even at our advanced years and with generally above average IQ etc etc - we still find the name of the main Republican militia amusing - pathetic isnt it?!


Now in comparison to the simple 11 part Polish kits for the German tanks, look at this nightmare of a T26, courtesy of a Ukrainian producer!


Talking of the Polish kit, here is the first one - PzKfw II Ausf B (I think)




And here it is painted up for service with the Fascist Bastards..err Nationalist forces 





As people often comment on the diminutive size of the FT17, here it is, next to the PzKfw II for comparison.....


Next up are a couple of new Pulp figures for use when the various factions disturb an ancient Egyptian tomb etc.....first up is a Priestess...



And second is the Mummy Queen


Her spouse is basically finished and should appear on my next post



A couple of general views of the eight tables of gamers playing Bolt Action



Some of the scenery was not really appropriate, but needs must and all that. I took a few pix as I liked the look of these Oriental buildings for use with my Pulp figures...



At lunch time, there was a Best Painted Unit comp - Stewart, one of the owners, asked Rick and I to play judges!







Some nicely painted figures there! Unfortunately, my pic of the winner, a British Para force, was pretty shit, so I left it out!

22 comments:

  1. Nice to see progress on the Republicans. Don't think I'd enjoy putting that T26 together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scotty - mmmmm - the T26 is going to be a struggle I think - and I have TWO of the bloody things!

      Delete
  2. The Republican Militia look great as do the other figures on display. Nice work on the tanks but the T-26 does look somewhat of a challenge. Nice to see a tournament at the local store too. I know many people don't like the BA rules but if you ignore the rather strange army lists bit, I think the core rules give a good and simple game which can be tweaked to suit your own tastes etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. I don't think I have ever played BA...at one time, Rick got quite keen on some of the mechanisms, but we have several other sets fir WWII skirmish level, so I doubt I will ever go down that route. It was nice to see twenty odd gamers all together, enjoying the hobby though, and the standard of the painting was as good as most of my group can manage

      Delete
  3. Nice models. Sometimes it's hard not to find humour in some of these things. I like Bolt Action, though I have been won over by Chain of Command.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard, puerile humour is what we do best! I had several games of CoC with my mate Julian about four years ago, using hard plastic 20mm figures, it was good fun and I am not really sure why we stopped - Julian has a tendency to move on to another set of rules, so I guess thats all that happened.....

      Delete
  4. Good job on the SCW figures and the armor. The pulp figures are swell,too. That local tourney had some good starter forces . B.A. is ok for tourneys, and can be tweaked for one's own taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. We spent about ninety minutes with the Bolt Actioneers and it seemed like everyone was enjoying themselves!

      Delete
  5. You are quite busy, indeed! I am sure the T26 will come-off looking great. Having played both BA and CoC, I lean toward CoC but happily play BA. Nice work on the priestess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon, it is a good kind of busy! I have not played BA but from what I know of it, I think I would prefer CoC too.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Michal...I was dealing with another Michal in Poland over the purchase of the tanks!

      Delete
  7. Lovely work on your part Keith, and some nice figures on display at the Hobby Center. Did no one try to slip you a $20 to influence the judging?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Lawrence! No, no one thought of the bribery angle, including Rick or me....that's New Zealand for you...too honest for our own good!

      Delete
  8. I especially liked the Pulp figures, Keith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter....being "heroic" 28mm, they are a lot easier to paint than the 20mm SCW figures!

      Delete
  9. Great looking Spanish civil war militia and pulp figures, the bolt action armies look good, nice armour, good luck with the T26!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks on all fronts Iain - although I am not looking forward to the T26 assembly - the wheels/bogeys appear to consist of multiple parts - I much preferred the Panzers with the entire track and wheel assembly all molded in one single piece!

      Delete
  10. Nice progress all around. The priestess is a definite mandatory inclusion in all pulp games that include nazis. Hilarious hijinks will ensue. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew....yes, I like the idea of an Evil Priestess..or two...or three....!!

      Delete
  11. My but you have been busy…
    Lots of lovely toys Keith…
    All those wheels on the T26 would drive me up the wall…
    That looks like a good event you visited.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, it was a great weekend....we have a public holiday on the first Monday of June every year, to mark the Queens birthday, so although no special events here for the Jubilee, we still had a three day weekend....and unusually, I got to do more or less whatever I wanted on all three days....so lots of hobby stuff achieved!

      Delete