Wednesday 21 February 2024

A Bit of This, A Bit of That

 Lots of different bits and pieces tonight, including some terrain pieces - some of the latter brand new, others that were hanging around for a couple of years waiting for me to slap some paint on 'em!


First up, a couple of ladies to inhabit my Three Musketeers world - these are nice hard plastic prints from Sally 4th Miniatures.




This one may do duty as M'Lady de Winter ...... 




This "working girl" is also by Sally 4th but is a metal miniature.



Next up, a couple of new additions to my Pulp collection, above and below are by Pulp Alley - they come together as a set called "Red Queen & Jack Spade"


Also shown is some of the new 3D printed terrain I bought recently via a local producer in Christchurch.





The next three figures are old RAFM Call of Cthulhu Dilettante Investigators. A Fox Hunting Lady (above) 


The Lady of the Manor/Socialite




A Dangerous Prisoner!



The last few images are just to show off some more of the terrain pieces - I am particularly happy with the new tavern bar - again, 3d printed and all 5 parts for the grand total of NZ$12.50!


The beds below are some of the older stuff I have had lying around for a while - they were bought at the height of the Border Reiver Pele Tower building phase 2-3 years ago - but have only been painted up within the last few weeks.


Thats it for tonight - hope you have enjoyed the show (and tell!) or, my Peanut Butter and Jelly post!

38 comments:

  1. A nice mix of figures and superbly done

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting mix Keith...that's a few barrels of 10 year old Cognac being guarded by the femme fatale in the red dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark - probably on the way to sustain a French army, somewhere!

      Delete
  3. Wow excellent work, Keith! They all look fantastic. I dont have enough "civilian types" in my collection. The only non combatants are farm animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be very careful Steve....you can get pulled down a rabbit hole...I now probably have far too many "civvies" in my collection....and no signs of abating! 😀

      Delete
  4. Great stuff, I see some interesting games in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will your next adventure feature all of these ladies and all of these beds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure Jon, although one of the beds already featured in the Border Reivers saga!

      Delete
  6. Outstanding figures and a most beautiful job painting them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff their Keith and more woonderful additions to allow you to develop you plot and story lines. Those printed items seem a steal at that price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve,and yes, that's how 3d prints should be...low cost and good value for money!

      Delete
  8. great PB&J. lots of cool stuff. That terrain is really gonna be great in up coming games, I do feel like a Musketeer game should have guys leaping over bars and chairs and swinging from rafters. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I see these pieces being used, Stew!

      Delete
  9. A very nice collection, really like the ladies for the three musketeers, they are cracking figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnie...yes, Sally 4th have some nice looking figures, I will likely pay their website another visit!

      Delete
  10. Lovely work Keith. You must have quite a collection of ladies by now, enough to interest any future archaeologist in a couple of thousand years' time. They may even be able to get a PhD out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol....yes, I should put it my will, that I want them to be added to my grave to accompany me to the afterworld!!

      Delete
  11. Nice post some lovely casts and a great paint job.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely paint jobs there. Any chance you could fix me up with that posh bird?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one would that be, JBM.....[
      one of the first two.....or the Pulp Red Queen?!

      Delete
  13. Great work Keith! I wouldn't want to get hit over the head with any of the bar chairs! +2 damage for those ones I think.

    I imagine the figures in the 3 musketeers game having to roll to save when passing within 6" of one of those young ladies. If they fail then they go missing for the rest of the game. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ben, they were nice figures to paint up.
      I have tried some Pulp games where the Femme Fatale has "seductive " powers or similar eg no one can attack her first, but it's quite hard to get that kind of flavour into a set of rules.....fun trying though!

      Delete
  14. Excellent female figures and terrain, looking forward to more three musketeers with your new Lady d winter!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain....I must get onto that soon!

      Delete
  15. Great looking group of ladies, Keith. The first figure reminded me a lot of the 54mm miniatures in the old Color Treasury of Model Soldiers book I had (and still have) as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean! I had a similar book, which had Historex (or some similar 54mm producer) figures including a diorama of 18th century officers and ladles, so I can picture what you are describing I think!

      Delete
  16. An entertaining mix of new toys Keith…
    No doubt these young ladies will all get up to some kind of trouble in future games….
    Well I hope they will 🤣

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to think I can get them involved in some gaming mayhem, Aly!

      Delete
  17. That working girl is very appropriately a metal mini: she certainly looks a hard woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She probably has a sharp stilleto (of the knife, not shoe, variety) about her person, Ed!

      Delete