Thursday 29 February 2024

Quick Update

 As we get an extra day in February this year, I thought it was a good opportunity to get in one last post this month!

A couple of small groups of figures tonight.


First up is the Fallschirmjaeger Hauptquartier group by Crusader Miniatures


I think you may be able to see why I am kind of wishing I had a company of these figures, rather than the 1st Corps versions!




Great figures and I may get a couple of support options from this range at a later date.


The second group is a venerable piece from RAFM and probably dates form the 1980's. It is a sorceress on a palanquin and will (perhaps) play a role in some future Pulp scenario(s).



All done in the "best possible taste" i.e. no nudity involved!



The reclining lady will doubtless feature as some kind of evil female despot.



The palanquin came in about 8 parts - the reclining lady was separate from the main body, and I had to attach the front and rear fittings through which the separate piano wire poles fit, as well as the two supports and the canopy that shades the recumbent figure from the glaring sun. A bit of faffing around (I actually initially thought the two support arms were just extra "venting" and discarded them!) but worth the effort in the end, I think.

Thanks for the visit, that is definitely my last post for Feb 2024 - but I am likely to have something new in a couple of days.

34 comments:

  1. You made good use of the extra day! Great looking Germans and lounge bearers. You come up with some very interesting models. This should feature nicely in a pulp game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon....I do try! Given how old these RAFM figures are, they are quite nicely done. As for the FSJ. I have yet to see a poor Crusader sculpt....

      Delete
  2. Excellent work. The Crusader Fallschirmjaeger are definitely better looking figures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scotty and I agree, although that does not make the 1st Corps ones bad, just not as good!

      Delete
  3. The Crusader figures are clearly superior and have come out well! Nice palanquin too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Keith….the crusader Fallschirmjager are my favorite although the black tree ones I’m painting are very similar. As for the ladies I think I would quite like to be carried around by four nubiles !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt - your comment was languishing in Purgatory (or Valhalla, perhaps?!) and I just released it - hence the late reply!

      Delete
  5. Well painted Keith. I like the look of the Crusader figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard....they are very nice miniatures

      Delete
  6. Great looking early-war FJ's, and harem girls as well, Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two nice groups, the Crusader Germans are very nice and the RAFM set is an absolute belter, great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Donnie, just finished off another batch of 1st Corps FSJ, too!

      Delete
  8. Those Crusader Germans are very nice, and top job on them and the palanquin Keith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence, yes, really like Crusader as a range!

      Delete
  9. I lost interest at the words 'no nudity' 😜😜

    kidding of course. nice job! While I have seen thousands of WWII miniatures I have NEVER seen a palanquin before. Very unique and awesome to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....well, hold onto your.....hat, Stew, I have another palanquin (very different from the RAFM one) to paint up at some point!

      Delete
  10. That FJ command base is excellent, ditto the palanquin, which I fear would be too delicate for me to move with my shaky arm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, and I know what you mean about the delicacy of the palanquin...I will be a bit nervous when it cones to moving the figures around a gaming table!

      Delete
  11. That Palaquin vignette looks (and sounds) like it was mighty fiddly. No doubt that will make it's employment all the more satisfying--in a tasteful way, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ed, it was a bit of a mission to put together, but not the hardest assembly job I have ever had to do, and the final result was worth it, I think.

      Delete
  12. Wow, two gorgeous vignettes Keith, absolutly superb!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  13. Marvellous command stand and vignette Keith.
    I have a similar group of young ladies who carry me around in my litter...
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James and I feel your next post should include some pictures of your unique conveyance!

      Delete
    2. Aw, you want proof?!!
      It would belittle them to do such a thing :)

      Delete
    3. What a considerate employer you are James!

      Delete
  14. A very nice Fallschirmjaeger command and lounging lady…
    The palanquin looks rather precarious… I can’t imagine her making a quick getaway on it 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly - I think the palanquin would fall under the old description "built for comfort, not for speed"!

      Delete