Wednesday 1 January 2020

A New Year and some new figures

I just tried following Mark's advice and writing the blog in reverse order but as soon as I added an image, I had the same issue of being unable to scroll up to add the "previous" comments, so I guess I will just have to write everything first then add the images. Hopefully I can at least manage to have text at the start and end of the entry, with the images in between. Not sure if I can even manage to chose the order in which they appear, but I will try.

The figures completed over the last few days are the three Eureka Renaissance ladies (I painted one of them as a maid in a plain black dress though) and then a couple from their "dancing" range, that I thought would look good in any character driven games of the late nineteenth or early twentieth century...actually I was mainly thinking of RCW but unfortunately this couple is rather diminutive to go on the table alongside most of the RCW collection.

Well that failed..the photos were supposed to appear HERE, before my final comment below.....and as I suspected, they have rearranged themselves so they are not in the order in which I took them.....by the way, there are two close ups of the maid because she was my favourite to paint😊

So there we have it....not sure what order the images came out in, as I am writing this comment before loading the pictures. I hope everyone has has a great Christmas and New Year and look forward to following your painting and gaming in 2020.







11 comments:

  1. The photos came through but perhaps not in the place or order you intended. Nice brushwork all around.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan...correct....I will just have to be more careful about the order I save them onto the iPad, so they transfer to my blog in a logical order!

      Delete
  2. Excellent... finishing the year with some renaissance babes...

    Have a great new year...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly. Having just played a couple of games of "Gunfighters Ball" Wild West rules and then watching The Quick and the Dead on Netflix, I am now looking at some extra lady Gunfighters to add to my collection...or more Portuguese...or additional RCW...decisions, decisions!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some more characterful figures there Keith. I'm keen to get into a bit more 28mm renaissance during 2020 myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence....I am not sure what I am going to use these for....possibly slip them into ECW games... I really just liked the look of them!

      Delete
  5. Very nice Keith.
    Interesting to hear you are having trouble with blogger as well, I seem to be suffering with a white background on some text... all very annoying.
    Anyhow a good start to 2020, loving the maidens useful in a number of scenario's.
    Best wishes
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers Stu. I think my problems all stem from a very old iPad and my inexperience in using it.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blogger on the iPad has a few idiosyncrasies, some of which are corrected in IOS 13 Next time I see I'll show you a few tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good Mark....maybe I will bring the device along just to make sure anything you tell me actually works on my one!

    ReplyDelete