Thursday 9 January 2020

AWI Collection - Box Three

Tonight, I present the contents of the third of my four boxes of American War of Independence troops. In order following this text should be:

71st Highland Regiment.....Old Glory
54th Regiment ...........Front Rank
Queens Rangers.......FR
Generic Loyalist Regiment...FR
Generals Howe and Fraser....OG
Generals Burgoyne and Cornwallis OG plus FR support
Four senior officers....FR
Mrs Loring and companion mounted...Minden Miniatures
Mrs. Loring and companion on foot...Minden.

That's it for this entry, only one more box of AWI to go and I will probably load their images over the weekend













12 comments:

  1. An almost never-ending parade of baddies for the AWI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know what you mean by "baddies", Jonathan...the British are the goodies as far as I am concerned....imagine if they had won....the US would be just like Canada....how many mass shootings would you have?? PS...Just so you know I am joking,my brother in law served twenty four years inter US Navy...

      Delete
  2. Very nice again Keith. Nice to see 71st, although they are obviously a different pedigree than the later Napoleonic 71st.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence. Yes indeed, the 71st changed a few times over the thirty or forty years between the war of independence and the Napoleonic period. I think in 1780 they were also known as Frasers highlanders......

      Delete
  3. Very smart fellows indeed.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Aly...from you, that is praise indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid troops, and gorgeous civilians!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Phil, I do really like 18th century uniforms

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking collection of of AWI Brits !
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the kind comments Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking regiments, I need to add a few more loyalists to my army. And very nice figure it Mrs Loring too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Mark...I had the female figure all painted and stole the idea of christening her Mrs Loring from your own example!

    ReplyDelete