Friday 31 January 2020

RCW And Some Other Figures Completed This Week

Unfortunately I have missed out on a game at Julian's tonight as we had a friend visiting from out of town, so in lieu of a game report, here are some images of the latest work to come off the painting desk.

The first three images are the final three Bolshevik riflemen, followed by the two Lewis gunners, one of which is in a prone firing position and thus based individually.

Following these, we have two more Black Scorpion gunfighters, then two mounted western ladies by Old Glory, and finally a miner/prospector and his mule, an Old Glory figure of the month I got with their Army card ten plus years ago. The latter three figures have been in my very modest lead pile waiting to be painted for quite some time!













8 comments:

  1. Very nice again Keith. My favourite is prospector and mule, very well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence...I have based them separately in case there is ever need in a scenario for the mule to run off on its own!

      Delete
  2. You are really cranking out the figures! Good to see after your long hiatus. I like the prospector too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Jonathan, I am enjoying painting and blogging again too. I have about six of these OG cowboys but most were painted years ago, not sure why I left the 49er so long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Keith, what am I missing here? Some of those figures aren’t female! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking mix of figures! Always tempted by the RCW...!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate your comments Iain. Yes I agree, RCW/BOB is a very attractive period...lots of variety and unusual units/uniforms...and it helps that Copplestone are one of the main sources of figures, as they are beautiful sculpts...the Brigade Games ones are nice too and add some variety.

      Delete