Tuesday 7 January 2020

AWI Collection - Box Two

Tonight I present the contents of my second box of AWI British and allied troops...this box being predominantly Gerrman....most of the figures are Front Rank although the unnamed battalion with buff facings are Foundry. Flags were all printed off in black and white and then hand painted from memory....it was over twenty years ago when most of these were done!

Hopefully the pictures appear in the following order....

Regtiment Hesse Hanau Erbprinz ....Front Rank
Fusilier Regiment Von Ditfurth....FR
Anhalt Zerbst Regiment....FR
Unidentified Hessians....Wargames Foundry
16th Light Dragoons....Old Glory
Four guns, the crew on the left are Hessians by Wargames Foundry, the other three are British by FR
General Clinton by Old Glory








8 comments:

  1. Lovely looking AWI types, sorry, seem to have lost your blog for a while but I've found it again now!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a collection you have there Keith. Some lovely Hessians among this lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence....another army that has seen too little use over the years! Of course, with limited gaming time available and new armies constantly marching over the distant horizon, it's always hard to employ them all as often as one would like!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your comments Iain. Your absence from my blog is not your fault, it is mine....I have not made any comments on it since around July 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice parade! My 28mm British and German AWI Armies have seen little or no use too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be fair Jonathan, none of my armies have really seen extensive use....I am really more of a painter and collector than a gamer....although this is partially because one of my regular opponents generally provides both armies when hosting Friday night games, so I can't complain too much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Appreciate your kind words of support Mark

    ReplyDelete