Friday 3 January 2020

More ladies from Eureka

Today, between reading a few chapters of a biography of Lenin I got for Christmas, doing some work in the garden and going out for coffee with my wife, I managed to fit in a couple of hours at the painting desk.

The result are these four 1920's ladies by Eureka. These are actually the second incarnation of these ladies in my collection...not sure why I felt the need to do them again, but it was fun. I have a vague idea about using them in RCW, hence three of them sport red scarves etc. The first lady I have put in a semi military cloak....khaki green with fur trim....so she may have some overtly military role in store!









Yesterday I ordered the first figures of 2020.....RCW by Copplestone, another box of plastic Portuguese infantry from Warlord, plus 9 resin lady gunslingers from Black Scorpion. The latter cost me about the same as 48 (2 boxes) of the plastic Napoleonics would have....doesn't make much sense to me either!



8 comments:

  1. A great start to the year.
    3 days in and the postie is busy already :-)
    Best wishes
    Stuart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu....its been quite a long time coming...I plan to make a few more hobby related purchases in the coming year than I did in 2019!

      Delete
  2. This is the way to begin a new year, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unlike your good self Jonathan, I have a very limited "pile" to work from....obviously being a wargamer, I do have a few bits and pieces lying around, but when I want a decent project to get my teeth into, I have to go out and buy the figures!

      Delete
  3. The price of "character" figures does appear to have increased dramatically over the past couple of years. There are some WWII 28mm figures that I was interested in until I realised they were asking 5 Euro each for them. I still may purchase a few, but it is definitely at the upper limit of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes agreed Lawrence.....I have paid a bit more than I am usually happy with previously for some Frostgrave characters...I would never pay that price for an army of historical figures but I salve my conscience with the fact that I only "need" a few gunslingers, whereas even once I have done the two final battalions of Portuguese, I need to paint 36 Cacadores...that's ok when they are $2-3 each, but I wouldn't what to be paying $9 a figure for 36 of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a bit worried about what that first figure is concealing under her coat, Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah hah....all may be revealed at our next RCW game Mark!

    ReplyDelete