Thursday 23 January 2020

First Black Scorpion Cowgirl Painted

I have painted the first of nine cowgirls from Black Scorpion....this one is dressed traditionally in Stetson, loose shirt and waistcoat (or "vest" to use correct American usage!) and is armed with a six shooter revolver.

I found painting her harder than a similar metal figure because although the detail is all there, it is quite indistinct (well, to my fading eyesight at least) so areas like the eyes, I mainly just shaded black with a hint towards eyebrows etc.

I am reasonably happy with the end result although taking pictures that make a 30mm figure look like a 54mm one certainly does you no favours when it comes to judging the paint work!

Here are four images from different angles. I have started work tonight on the second figure, who is a Mexican Bandida in sombrero etc.





6 comments:

  1. Good looking cow girl and nice background!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain....funnily enough, the background is actually Afghanistan, but it looks a bit lie the mid or south west if you don't look too closely!

      Delete
  2. Nice work Keith. I know what you mean about the detail being there, but appearing indistinct. I had exactly the same experience with some 15mm Tibetan figures I have recently painted. She looks good, and the contrasts will look great on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Lawrence. I may just have been battling with a new sculpting style...the second figure which is almost done, seems better

    ReplyDelete