Sunday 5 January 2020

AWI Collection-Box One

The recent discussion with my colleague Mark regarding our combined AWI Collections prompted me to pull the boxes out of their resting place in my garage and take an image of each unit.

There are a total of four boxes and given the challenges I have encountered using the iPad, I have decided to post each box separately, probably a day apart.

Below are the contents of box one...my painting style has changed a bit but I think these still look okay, despite the fact they were probably painted twenty years ago. They are almost all Front Rank figures purchased at the vast cost of NZ$1.30 each from Mark when he was running a business in Auckland producing Front Rank under license from the UK. Some of you may be aware this business eventually morphed into Flames of War, before Mark took a different path and the new company moved production off shore.

The figures should be as follows...hopefully in the correct order....

Third Foot The Buffs..Front Rank
Twenty First Foot Royal North British Fuzileers..FR
Twenty Sixth Foot ..FR
Royal Marines..FR
Forty Second Foot The Black Watch ..Old Glory
Generic Light Infantry regiment one ..FR
Generic Light Infantry regiment two..FR
Three Colonels..FR









8 comments:

  1. That's a fine collection there Keith and I'm looking forward to seeing the remainder. I wish we could still purchase Front Rank figures at $1.30 each.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed Larence....in fact I wish I could walk into a retailer anywhere in Auckland and buy a few figures over the counter, even if they were double the price. Being able to spend a few bucks evey week on eight or ten figures would be fantastic and would enable me to build up forces gradually, like I used to do thirty years ago

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid! I look forward to more parade reviews of your British forces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jonathan, I plan to leave a few days between each post in a bid to maximise visits/comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The figures and the painting have certainly stood the test of time Keith...
    Like yourself... regardless of how convenient the internet is ... I do miss being able to walk into a model/ toy soldier shop and just nose around.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very kind of you to say so Aly. I was brought up in a small town so all we had access to locally was Airfix etc...but I remember purchasing Minifigs (my favoured brand/style in the mid 70's) via Military Modelling adverts, at 8p each! Mind you, at the time, I probably had a disposable income (pocket money) of 25p a week😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy when I open a box of Figures and look over my miniature army. Thank you for sharing with us. Great looking figures there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Mark. Having followed your own Revolutionary Wars armies on your blog for some time, coming from you, this is high praise!

    ReplyDelete