Monday 20 May 2019

RCW Vehicles - Update

This is the progress I have made with the RCW vehicles. The truck has been undercoated and given the first coat of dark green - and the Model T Ford has finally turned up a week after being paid for - usual NZ Post service!



Above and below a converted Model T Ford 

Below the armored car finished


Above and below - Model T Truck I received today

Below - converted truck with first base coat of dark green


This is probably enough - except that I NEED a staff car - so will be on the look out for one of those over the coming weeks!

8 comments:

  1. Great looking vehicles, wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil. They will be even better when I get them under coated then painted - and add drivers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conversions look good, the armoured car has come out really well!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain - personally, I feel the turret may be a bit too large - but I had some 20mm conduit so that's what I used!

      Delete
  4. Looking good...
    I can imagine them being useful for a lot inter war periods.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers Aly - very true - but I have NO intention of veering off into VBCW or anything similar, honestly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, and I think the turret looks just fine on the armoured car. They definitely weren't the most elegant of designs around that time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed Lawrence - that was how I justified leaving it "as is" to myself, when I really would prefer to make it a bit smaller! (I also think the overall height of the vehicle is a bit much, but fortunately, I am far from a perfectionist!)

    ReplyDelete