Tuesday 24 January 2017

The War of 1812 - ANOTHER Distraction!

Having just had our first Carlist War game - for which I need to add one British unit to complete my brigade - AND also the fact that we are working towards a collection of WW1 in E Africa for our annual wargaming pilgrimage to Tarawera - I have now been distracted onto another theme - the War of 1812 between the US and Britain!

I have purchased two packs of six figures each from Knuckleduster, to assess their quality and also because I will probably combine them with the Old Glory figures for the same period

I painted the six Canadian Voltiguers from start to finish last night - mind you, if you have used grey and black paint, they are 80% complete, so they were quite simple to do!

Results are below - I am reasonably happy with them. Tonight, I have six Royal Marines to do - there were three battalions of marines engaged in the war, so I am looking to do a few of these guys.

Knuckleduster also do some cool figures that OG don't, particularly the Canadian militia cavalry in exotic headgear such as fur crested round hats!
Canadian Militia Cavalry Command, Round Hats w/ Bearskin CrestCanadian Militia Cavalry Command, Tarleton HelmetsCanadian Militia Cavalry, Round Hats w/ Bearskin CrestCanadian Militia Cavalry, Tarleton Helmets

I also like the idea of these figures in winter uniform.....
BRIT. INF. MARCHING, WINTERBRITISH OFFICERS IN WINTER DRESSBRITISH NCOS IN WINTER DRESSBRITISH FLAGBEARERS AND DRUMMER IN WINTER GEAR



The first group of three

A rear view

The second group

Above and below, side views of the three figures - you get two of each pose in the Knuckleduster packs


No comments:

Post a Comment