Sunday 9 July 2017

War of 1812 - 4th Maryland Volunteer Infantry

OK this unit is one I have "conjectured" IE made up - because I had enough figures in the OG pack to create two battalions and I did not want two the same!

However in my defence, it is based on some reference material (see below, although I did change the trousers from white to blue, but that just means they are in winter uniform...!) - its just the name that I have randomly selected - could just as easily have been the 1st or the 6th....

Anyway, here is the unit I have created to serve alongside the 5th Maryland Volunteer Infantry in our War of 1812 project.....







I am now working on the second British battalion, which I have decided will be the 13th (1st Somersetshire) Regiment of Foot, based on the following illustration and a reference in another blog to the regiments arriving from the W Indies retaining their tropical white shakos for a while.........


No comments:

Post a Comment