Monday 7 August 2017

Covenanter Brigade Completed

Great what an absence of anything to paint can do for your motivation ...in the last couple of weeks I have finished off three regiments of ECW Scots, that I have had lying around, some painted, the majority still bare metal, for about eight years!

I seem to have managed to create one extra command element, but that's no problem as I also still have a full regiments worth (12 figures) of musketeers. I just need to obtain an additional number of pike men to create a fourth regiment. Additionally, I have enough Perry ECW musketeers to create a fifth unit, so I am looking at getting some Perry pike men too!

And to end on a real high note, my missing Knuckleduster Glengarry Light Infantrymen, ordered on 10 May and dispatched on 17 July, finally turned up at my house today - so they will be painted up over the next day or two!


 Above and below, the four most recently completed Covenanters

 Above close up of the command element
 Above and below - I redid these twice and STILL messed it up - just noticed two of the shot elements on the right rear unit are not positioned properly - but I am not pulling them all out of the box AGAIN so these will have to do!

 Above and below - the three Covenanter regiments advancing through wheat fields...en route for Marston Moor perhaps?


2 comments:

  1. The back drop works well and they look very impressive marching through those wheat fields.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comments - I pinched the idea of the backdrop from my mate Mark at 1866 and all that...

    ReplyDelete