Thursday 18 October 2018

One New AWI British Officer - and some old British Napoleonic Rocket Troops

I finished off this AWI officer a couple of days ago - he has been lying around on the paining desk for literally years - I think I inherited him from someone else, as he was 75% painted already but not in my style - anyway, I retouched all the worn areas and finished him off.





Then, because I am suffering withdrawal symptoms, I pulled out some Napoleonic/War of 1812 figures - the first couple were painted quite recently and the Old Glory rocket troops about 5-8 years ago







10 comments:

  1. Nice work mate, but that explosion in front of the rockets is a bit hopeful isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes....and a bit anachronistic too - its actually an image from Afghanistan circa 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rocket battery looks terrific! I have not seen one of these before. Old Glory did a good job these models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. Yes I agree, these are very nice OG figures. In general, they can be a bit hit and miss, but these are good ones!

      Delete
  4. Love this kind of unit, may be not very effective but spectacular on a battlefield...excllent job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Phil - yes, from all the reading I have done, the rockets were not very effective - but they look nice, and after all, isn't that the whole point...if all we wanted to do was fight representational battles, we could use blocks of wood painted red and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice officer and splendid rocket troops,good to have a British unit you can use at Leipzig!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Iain...my friend Mark is building a French 1813 force, so perhaps Leipzig might be on the cards one day, who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely looking unit Keith...
    Everyone says that rockets weren’t that good... until one lands on their favourite unit.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes indeed Aly - as with almost everything in wargaming and many in life, its a matter of luck - throw a double 1 or double 6, and I am sure they will do untold damage!

    ReplyDelete