Not much to show tonight, as I intend to reveal the latest arrivals in dribs and drabs!
The guy at Pot Belly Miniatures 3d in Wellington confirmed to me recently that he had the rights to produce all of the RXD Battle of Berlin figures (from which all their Soviets originate) This got me to thinking of more WW2 FIBUA (fighting in built up areas) options - and I ordered most of the "Defenders of Berlin" figure sets from him - Volksturm and HJ (they do SS Charlemagne and Kriegsmarine as well, but I did not get those at this stage)
Anyway, here are the first set of nine figures, tidied up and based ready for under coating
Very tidily and robustly packaged, as always from this supplier
Good quality prints with nice details
I think the two on the right are a vignette - the kneeling figure may be wiping tears from his eyes!
Right, after a week or more of being slack due to the flu, I have a lot of your blogs to visit and comment on!




Just commenting to see if this goes thru - I commented on Mark's blog today but it said "awaiting approval" (?) & no-one else's comments are showing yet (?)
ReplyDeleteAlso there are a couple of Warlord sets on Trademe for defenders of Berlin which price out at $2.50-3.00 each. Don't know how that compares with these figures, but they are better figures (metal) ... ?
You were just first to comment Andrew! Bugger about missing the Warlord figures.......
DeleteHope you have recovered fully from the flu. Now, back to the brushes!
ReplyDeleteIn all honesty Jon, not fully recovered, more like 80% - but its a lot better than I was a few days ago!
DeleteLook forward to seeing you work your magic on these.
ReplyDeleteLet's hope I can conjure up something to impress, Richard!
DeleteWell they do look like they are nice sculpts and great poses too. Let's hope you have seen the back of the flu and can resume posting and painting:)!
ReplyDeleteCheers Steve - that's my hope too!
DeleteThey look like they will paint up well Keith. I'll look forward to seeing what you can do with them.
ReplyDeleteCheers Lawrence - I do like the RXD figures and Pot Belly does a good job producing them
DeleteThey really look the part Keith. The lad with a Panzerfaust really does look like a scared kid.
ReplyDeleteThanks Chris - I have an HJ 88mm FLAK crew as well, including a BDM girl - inspired by the film "Downfall" I think
DeleteNice figures Keith. I shall look forward to see them painted up!
ReplyDeleteCheers Ray - I intend to get them under coated tonight
DeleteThey look great Keith. Something for the Russian steam roller to crush 😁
ReplyDeleteIs the vignette looking at all your Russian tanks in the streets of Berlin and hoping he is seeing double?
That's certainly my plan, Ben!
DeleteShould paint up really nicely Keith, nice looking figures and should look great on the table.
ReplyDeleteHopefully you are right Donnie!
DeleteSo cool stuff sir!
ReplyDeleteThanks Michal - I hope my paint work can do them justice!
DeleteGlad to hear you're on the upswing from the flu (always a nasty business, and possibly even dangerous). Those two figures on the right...one holding a helmet and one kneeling: no telling what's going on there.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ed - I realise that's a professional opinion, too! Yes, I was quite sick for a few days but a lot better now. I checked the "vignette" on the manufactures site and the guy holding out the helmet is actually in front of the kneeling, crying HJ figure
DeleteNice looking sculpts! Hope youre feeling better, I seem to be going down with some lurgy,autumn and seeing small children I think!
ReplyDeleteBest Iain
Thanks Iain - this is what I probably had - Influenza A (H3N2): Driving most of the current wave. "Super-K" Subclade: A variant tracked globally that is exceptionally good at spreading, causing a rapid rise in community infections due to lower population immunity
DeleteI have just watched a vid by 'Dicey Tactics' and he has just bought some stuff from Pot Belly and they have caught his brush nicely, so I would. imagine these would do the same. You do get some nice 3D stuff.
ReplyDeleteHmmmm - thanks for the tip, Norm, I might take a gander!
DeleteThey look very nice figures and should paint up well
ReplyDeleteCheers Scotty!
DeleteThat flu really hit you hard Keith. Glad it's on it's way out of your system, but goodness it sounds like it's been clinging on for dear life!
ReplyDeleteThose sculpts are nicely designed. Always felt kinda sad to see Hitler Youth, such a sad part of the war. Child Soldiers... poor sods. Still, they are part of the history, an important one at that and should be represented. These sculpts are excellently done.
Thanks Dai - the flu was a persistent one!
DeleteI understand your feelings re "boy" (and "girl") soldiers - that scene in Downfall is a bit depressing - a one-armed veteran trying to persuade the 88 crew to go home - they don't - with inevitable results.....
Great looking new figures to work on, Keith. I had a bug a few weeks ago too, gave it to my wife, and she was really having a hard time with it. We're both fine now, though.
ReplyDeleteThanks Dean - I am glad you and your wife are back to normal - unfortunately my wife has picked up the hacking cough and has been battling it for several days although she says it's been a bit better today.
DeleteThat flu' was one of those lingering b@stards eh Keith? Good to hear that you are the other side of it. The label seems to be appropriate; they look fragile. Hopefully a bit of paint and varnish will make them robust for the 'action' of the tabletop?!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Thank James, yip, that was the sickest I have been in a long while, no doubt about it!
DeleteThe figures are "ok" - I wouldn't want any ham fisted, clumsy git using them, but as long as you treat them with a bit of care, they are no problem!