Thursday, 1 October 2026

An Actual Bargain

 Spotted on our local online auction site, Trade Me, this is a product I have looked at purchasing for around NZ$50 I think - with a Buy Now of NZ$20 - so, I bought now! Going to be very versatile and useable in different scales 



MDF river section (plus a buckshee bonus of a couple of rubber fields!)


A few minutes later, I had added on the banks and small "islands" and also made one section into a ford
Approximately 5' or 1m of river


Here they are with 28mm cavalry


With 10mm Romans, it could be the Thames!


And of course, it will work with 15mm, too! Hopefully we have decent weather at the weekend and I will get it painted etc.

Thanks for stopping by.

27 comments:

  1. That is a great looking bargain and will be very versatile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Scotty - yes, as soon as I saw it, I hit the Buy Now!

      Delete
  2. A very good deal and nice to see it working with both 15mm and 28mm:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve - should work in any scale, I reckon - depending on how wide a river I want to represent!

      Delete
  3. It ticks the two biggest boxes for roads / rivers ...... no warp, lays flat and the ends match perfectly to the next piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does Norm - hopefully I get a fair bit of use out of it!

      Delete
  4. Excellent. You couldn't beat that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I immediately thought of the board game Carcassone)))) So, how are you planning to paint this river? Probably, you need to pour epoxy resin over it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexey - I haven't painted many streams or rivers, so I will have to have a think - a satin or semi gloss resin might be the way to go - don't want the water TOO shiny!

      Delete
  6. Very nice and a good price too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll look forward to seeing how these paint up Keith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at a few similar comments Lawrence - no pressure, then?!

      Delete
  8. I am interested in seeing how MDF rivers turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very useful purchase Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A real bargain there Keith, should paint up well and should look great on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cracking find, Keith! You can't beat a proper bargain, especially for something as versatile across scales as a flat modular river!

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Andy, I am pretty happy I stumbled across this and got it at a bargain price!

      Delete
  12. Nice Keith I have pondered upgrading my rivers for a while but haven’t found a product I like yet ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt - I am pretty sure its this product, if you are interested? - https://battlekiwi.com/product/river-stream-sections/

      Delete