Monday 18 September 2023

And yet more Blitzkrieg Germans!

 I have finished off another batch of 28mm early war Germans for my current Blitzkrieg project, this time including some vehicles, which I am sure will please my friend Kev over in Ozzy!


First up are a few more of the Warlord hard plastic Blitzkrieg German infantry.


Twos and threes on 50mm round bases.



I found the prone MG34 crews were a bit of a tight squeeze on the 50mm round bases, so these are on a 60mm x 60mm base with the corners rounded off.




The next batch (including the moving MG34 team above) are by Crusader Miniatures.


MG34 in sustained fire role


81mm granatwerfer


A second SF gun crew.


Now, it's on to the armour! These are all Warlord hard plastic kits, as previously previewed. This rather "different" early war camouflage is authentic for the 7th Panzer Division during the invasion of France, at least according to the Warlord assembly and painting guide.


This is a second of the trio of PzKfw 38 (t)'s. Much to my surprise, I did not have too much trouble with the transfers!


PzKfw III ausf E. 


38t being filmed by a Propaganda Kompanie cameraman.


SdKfz 251 ausf C to carry the infantry into action (at this stage, they were not called Panzer Grenadiers)


Several more gratuitous images just because I think they are pretty nice models!






These last three pics are just to give some idea of the size of the vehicles alongside the Warlord and 1st Corps infantrymen.



Thats my lot for tonight. Another half dozen Warlord figures are on the painting table tonight so should be completed this week. I may also assemble another vehicle or two, but as they need to be sprayed outside, they won't be painted till the weekend, at the earliest. I do have the 88m Flak 36 to put together - it will probably be enormous after at 1/72 version I did earlier this year!

Thanks for your visit and please do leave a comment, they are always appreciated!

32 comments:

  1. You are certainly cranking these out Keith. Those 38t's look superb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scotty I am very happy with how they have turned out.

      Delete
  2. Fine work across the board there Keith:). I must admit I've never heard of the German panzers being anything other than grey with disruptive brown patches, so seeing them with green is news to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. I did read they were supplied ex factory with dark brown camouflage but that was discontinued by an OKW order early in the war. I agree this pattern was news to me too but I have to assume Warlord did their research and this is accurate!

      Delete
    2. The green camo on the armor is a surprise to me as well. Terrific work all around, Keith. As others say, you are really cranking out the troops.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Jon, I always like something a little bit different, hence the decision to replicate this camo scheme!

      Delete
  3. Hi KIETH- Very nice work on the German Infantry and your Armor- well done- the 1/57th Tank and Panzerwagen look very impressive- will be great to see everything in action on the games table. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thznk you Kev, I am pleased you like the larger scale tanks!

      Delete
  4. Troops and tanks, a real nifty collection coming together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Joe, I am really enjoying this project so far!

      Delete
  5. Another great looking Germans sir!
    Love the scenic bases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like a t38, it’s just one of those vehicle that can demand a double look - nice info on the camo, I can see a few peoples t38’s being repainted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm...as soon as I saw this camo, I knew that's how I would paint mine!

      Delete
  7. Cracking stuff there Keith…
    You have done a really nice job on the vehicles…
    The early war kit is so much more characterful.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly, and yes. I agree about early war vehicles....although some of the later ones are pretty cool too!

      Delete
  8. You really are pouring these out Keith, and they all look great. I like the fence you added to the MG34 stand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence, adding these little details can cause some hilarity in games though..our mate Julian has King Arthur as a Dark Ages leader, standing on a large rock with a couple of other figures...we always pull his leg about the movement rate for Arthur and his 🪨!

      Delete
    2. Tactical rocks are a very important part of Dark Age leadership.😁

      Delete
    3. I am sure that's true Aly....look at Arthur's Seat or Dumbarton Rock!

      Delete
  9. Amazing Keith, but you must stop as temptation is rising to boiling point... I must resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard! As Jon said to me in a recent response - resistance is futile! Give in - you know it makes sense!

      Delete
  10. Those are some cool tanks for sure. And I love the newspaper in the background. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew, Google and a work printer are useful tools! I did try to get German headlines but I must have been using incorrect search instructions.....also interesting that most of what I found were US papers rather than British or European ones!

      Delete
  11. You certainly have a great little kampfgruppe there Keith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ben....it won't be so "little " by the time I get it all done!

      Delete
  12. A tidy force Keith. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers John, plenty more where they came from!

      Delete
  13. Blitzkrieg bop! Lovely figures and I really like the early armour camo!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain, I like it too...it's a bit different!

      Delete
  14. Those 38t's are dead sexi! Loving that camo and it's one I'd not seen before either.

    What a great post and you are just cranking these out mate, bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Dai, really appreciate it mate! I like the camo too.....obviously

      Delete