Sunday 27 January 2019

FINALLY - War of 1812 14th Light Dragoons Completed

These are the Perry plastic figures my son got me for Christmas - a month to paint ten figures - that must be some kind of record - and not in a good way!

I have redone the images twice but they are still not the best - but at this time on a Sunday night, I cant be bothered trying a third time - especially as I have put them away between each session and had to get them back out of the box after looking at the first set on the PC. Not only that, but I managed to delete one of the images without moving it from my phone to my folder on the PC first - so one of the elements is not included in the "close ups"

Oh well, here they are. I have started painting the remaining four figures wearing Tarleton  helmets, for use as Canadian militia cavalry....they are two thirds done already so they may turn up here tomorrow or the next day!






9 comments:

  1. Lovely looking cavalry! Very far from being a record in my book, I'm surprised if it's only a year after purchase that things get painted, anything less is frankly phenomenal!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Iain - they are great figures to work with. Hopefully I can get the other four finished off a bit more quickly and then get on to the British infantry my daughter got me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done, and I agree with Iain in that anything painted within a month of them being received is excellent going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence - I have been somewhat distracted with the festive season and got hooked up watching a few TV series on line so been spending a lot of evenings in front of a screen instead of in the garage painting!

      Delete
  4. Lovely toys Kieth...
    Ten cavalry in a month... going by my glacial painting rate that would be a rush job... ;-)

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly - another delay has been caused by our new kitten who has a tendency to leap up on my painting desk with no warning, scattering little men in all directions. So far, she has avoided getting paint on herself, although she has knocked over my water jar a couple of times!

      Delete
  5. Your cavalry look terrific, Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jonathan - hope to get the four in Tarletons finished off today (public holiday in Auckland)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous figures Keith! I love the look of them. I can almost hear them thundering across the table!
    Best wishes,
    Jason

    ReplyDelete