Tuesday, 23 June 2026

Quick Painting Update

 Over the last little while, I have painted the last of the Battle Honours 3D figures (more tank riders) and built and painted a final JS II tank.

The tank came with the last Achtung Panzer box set and I tried to sell it because I thought I already had sufficient late war heavy tanks - but no one would pay $20 (under ten quid) for it so I thought "well, I am not giving it away, I might as well build it myself" - which is what I have done!


For some simple variety, I cut the 2 off the end of the tank number 432 and applied the two parts separately to change it to 243



Its a "Guards" tank once again



One male (plastic that comes with the kit) and one female (resin that is a special that is included in the box set) crew poking their heads out of the turret hatches 




As I said, just a quick post tonight - hope everyone is well and enjoying our wonderful hobby in the four corners of the globe!

38 comments:

  1. Well if no one wants it, it makes sense to build it, which might then make it more saleable! A good addition to your Soviets no matter what. Sadly stinkingly hot here, to the point where we are likely to smash the June record temperature, which was set in 1976. Even hotter the next few days, but nothing compared to Europe, which is in the low 40'sC!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve...now I have painted it, I won't be selling it!
      I remember 1976, we had a minister for drought and on a holiday in Brittany, there was a plague of ladybirds...you literally couldn't avoid standing on some, walking down the street! Here, it is winter, and yesterday it was 17 c....

      Delete
    2. Last year we had a big influx of Ladybirds, but they didn't 'bite' anywhere near as much as '76! Currently low 30'sC, but feels like 40C due to the humidity:(!

      Delete
  2. Very nice: you're never wrong to add another to the tank fleet :). Just noticed the photo background, too. Nice visual effect overall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ed and Jon...the background was created by Copilot AI

      Delete
  3. Nice work Keith and you can never have too many heavy tanks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt...I had room for one more in my storage box so it makes sense 👍 😀

      Delete
  4. Yet another good looking hunk of plastic. I like the dual open hatches. Have to remind myself that most tanks went around with at least one crew member poking their noggin out else their commander and/or driver couldn't see squat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, I like to be able to see a person, although I sometimes worry I overdo it...I don't think there would be too many tank crew sticking their heads up in the middle of combat?!

      Delete
  5. Well worth keeping and making, very nice job on it Keith and the tank riders really add to it, great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnie, I always like the look of tank riders!

      Delete
  6. I am always reminded of the front cover of the Neil Thomas ‘One Hour Wargames’ book whenever I see Soviet tanks adorned with infantry … I like the look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous job Keith and the tank riders really take it to the next level. Would have been a bargain for under £10 now surely worth a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great looking model, Keith! Very well painted Sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray, thanks for your visit and comments 👍

      Delete
  9. A great looking tank, you can never have too many

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scotty...never have too many...well, perhaps, but I am getting close!

      Delete
  10. I am sure it will come in handy at some point Keith. Mind you, you are making Kursk look like a small gathering with the number of Russian tanks you have completed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, a slight exaggeration Lawrence but I certainly don't need any more JS II tanks!

      Delete
  11. Nice job, the tank riders and crew certainly add a lot of interest to the model.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work Keith. No reason not to do a solo game where you have ten Russian tanks with tank riders charging over an under strength platoon or two of Germans on the way to Berlin. Add in a deadline for the Russians to break through and it could be quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good plan Ben....I might take you up on that suggestion!

      Delete
  13. Lovely addition to your Soviet horde!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Iain - and yet more to come!

      Delete
  14. Great tank and riders, Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keith, the tanks are great. Nice project with you having potential ⁴⁴for some gritty late war gaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joe - into the lair of the fascist beast!

      Delete
  16. Looks splendid Keith. You even did the eyes! And what Ed and Jon said about the backdrop. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris I don't usually do eyes but these ones were very clearly sculpted so I felt obliged to give them a try!

      Delete