Tuesday 20 November 2018

Roll Call - Part One

As I have nothing new to paint or photograph, I decided to copy Mark's idea of looking at my collection in its totality. I have decided to put a different slant on it and open up the boxes too - so here is the first batch of boxes I dragged out this evening, in no particular order


First up - above and below - 15mm WW2 British 




War of 1812 - British above and Americans below



A small collection of Napoleonic Portuguese - need to add to these at some point


Above - four units for the Carlist War of the 1830's

Above - Russian Civil War collection "so far" - I intend to add to this soon


WW1 in East Africa British forces - more to add to this collection too!


Above - War of Spanish Succession Dutch Infantry

Above- War of Spanish Succession Danish Infantry and Dutch/Danish cavalry

Small British Crimean collection - the Light Division


Mid 19th Century British Colonial troops - Sikh Wars ranges by Old Glory - mostly


Above 20mm German and below 20mm British and Russian plastic figures for Chain of Command games



Above and the two below - Wellington in India British and East India Company troops by Redoubt Miniatures



That's enough for tonight - will post the next instalment later this week

6 comments:

  1. Very nice collections. Of these, which is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan - this is about 25% of the total number of figures in my possession! To be honest, no, I dont think I do have a favourite period/collection - anything I am not overly interested in, I don't collect/paint (and of course, that does not mean there are not numerous armies/conflicts that I would still like to paint figures for one day!)

      Delete
  2. Nice diverse collection,I can't contemplate anything but 28mm to be honest,are any of these complete to your mind?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain. To be honest, I agree with your sentiment - I only really have 15mm for WW2 - oh, and a few ultra moderns too. We very rarely game with 15mm, despite the fact we all have gazillions of the bloody things! The 20mm for CoC was an economic decision - I could get a whole box of 40 odd for about 10-12 quid I think :)

      Delete
  3. Splendid sir...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly - keep watching - many more still to be revealed!

      Delete