Wednesday 7 November 2018

WW1 in East Africa Unit Completed

I finished off the last six figures in one sitting yesterday evening but had to leave the basing for 24 hours.

And that really is it as far as a lead pile goes - of course, I do have bits and pieces of things that I need more figures for before there is any point in painting them, but I genuinely have NO complete, unpainted units to work on. I suppose I had better work on convincing my good lady of the need to invest in more toy soldiers....





8 comments:

  1. The finished results are terrific! Out of unpainted lead? Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan - yes I have been congratulated in the past on my buying discipline but I think the current situation may be a bit too extreme!

      Delete
  2. A splendid looking unit....

    BUT!

    No toy soldiers to paint... nightmare...steal some... ;-)

    All the best... Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea Aly - now, where can I find some unattended lead to half inch!

      Delete
  3. Well done rross, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking troops! Not sure I can relate to having no figures to paint, with total fiscal discipline it would still take years to reach your position!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Iain - I have probably over stated the position - if I really looked I could find bits and pieces to paint - but I don't have anything to complete or any full unpainted units, so picking up five Sikh Wars infantry or seven Wars of the Roses bowmen does not really fill me with inspiration!

      Delete