Sunday 25 November 2018

Roll Call - Part Two

Following on from my post a few days back, today I present the contents of a few more A4 box files from my garage

First up are my late 19th century Colonials - a few Pathans then two lots of Brits - basically those in red coats and blue trousers and those in khaki. These are all Old Glory 25mm figures


Above are the Pathans - we all provided some as a combined force to oppose my British troops in one of our wargame week games at Tarawera.

Sudan era colonial troops including the Camel Corps

More Sudan era troops in red coats, Rifles in green and sailors in blue

Khaki clad troops for the N W Frontier and other later colonial campaigns

British and Indian cavalry for the N W Frontier

Infantry, Cavalry and Sailors

Indian infantry including Sikhs and Ghurkas

Commanders and some artillery

Next up are 20mm figures for ultra modern wars such as Iraq and Afghanistan. I have figures from virtually every manufacture of this era in my collection

Above Coalition troops by various manufacturers - Liberation, Elheim, Wartime Miniatures, Britannia Miniatures and Under Fire Miniatures

Afghan opposition by Liberation Miniatures and Elheim 


Somalis for "Black Hawk Down" type scenarios plus four Afghan technical (cheap toy cars with Wartime Miniatures crews added)

More Brits and some Afghan opposition


Odds and sods - snipers, GPMG teams and Afghan civilians


Vehicles including three British Warrior IFV's, two American Bradley IFV's, a British Challenger tank, four US Humvees and several others


Rotary air support - British Apache gun ship and CH47 Chinook and American Blackhawk plus AH 6 and OH 6 "Littlebirds"

Last for tonight's "Show and Tell" is my 15mm WW2 Japanese collection, which, being almost entirely infantry, all fits in a single box, albeit on two levels

Level one - command teams, infantry groups, support weapons and small field guns


Level two - more of the same plus a few armoured vehicles in their garish jungle camouflage paint scheme - these are virtually all Command Decision figures from Old Glory.

That's all for tonight - but here is a teaser for the next instalment - the contents of my main storage cupboard covering 15mm WW2 Russian and German, 25/28mm ECW, British Napoleonic, French Napoleonic, Austrian Napoleonic, British AWI, British FIW, an all female Valkyrie army and some Medievals.






8 comments:

  1. Wow! You have a lot of interesting collections, Keith!
    I may consider doing a similar review on all of my collections some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Jonathan - as mentioned in a previous Comment, there are several more collections to go yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some jolly fine toys Kieth....
    Of course what you really need is a man cave with lots of display cases....

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha - yes that would be a nice dream Aly - I have enough trouble convincing my wife I should spend half of one per cent of what I earn on something I actually want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my God Keith...I'll wager that some of those toys have not seen the light of day for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You would probably not win much on that bet Mark - the odds are so short! Most of them probably have not been exposed to light this year until I opened the boxes to take the pictures.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of fun figures there and a very efficient cupboard!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Iain - lots of fun to collect and paint, that's for sure - as to gaming, most of them have not been out of their boxes for years - which may be how you want armies in the real world, but not so much in the wargaming world!

    ReplyDelete