Friday 30 March 2018

War of 1812 - British Reinforcements

As I had a few figures left over from the first two battalions of British regulars that I did a few months ago, I recently bought a few more packs of Old Glory Second Edition figures to combine with them and form another two battalions.

So far I have finished off the command element - officer and two ensigns - for each regiment. I decided this time to do the 49th Foot and the 64th Foot


The 49th Foot had green facings and served throughout the war, being present at a number of engagements, including Queenston Heights, Fort George, Stoney Creek, Beaver Dams, Cryslers Farm and Plattsburg. The 64th arrived in 1813 and seems to have had a quieter time, but I chose them as, like the 13th Foot, they seem to have transferred from warmer climes and to have worn a white shako cover, which adds a bit of variety to the force!

The first three images are of the 49th Foot command element, the second three are of the 64th. I did the officers with black shakos but the enlisted men will have the white covers.












4 comments:

  1. Well done Keith. We must get these troops on the table at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Mark, yes definitely...although some of my figures have already had an outing at Mr Bells place back in October - my game report is here http://1808534.blogspot.co.nz/2017/09/war-of-1812-battle-of-lundys-lane-on.html

      Delete
  2. Thank you Phil - I am currently working my way through the rest of the 64 Foot and then will get to work on the 49th.

    ReplyDelete