Monday 4 March 2019

Napoleonic British Frigate Completed - Well, Probably!

Here are some images of the frigate I have been labouring away at over the last two to three weeks.

I think it is finished, but you never really know - I may buy a Eureka ships wheel and figurehead from their pirates range. I also need RN and RM crew...also, I noticed last time I was checking something on Google that the masts seem to have black rings every so often up their entire height, so I may paint that on too....

But in the meantime, I am finished for a while and I will be reverting to painting TROOPS for a bit!




 With fifteen guns in the lower deck and five on the upper, this has turned out to be a forty gun frigate


HMS Active fires a broadside....

8 comments:

  1. Looks great,10 more guns and she could be a ship of the line! Come out really well,I look forward to the crew!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain - I am pretty happy with the end result. The crew may be a while away - I am now into painting another unit for the War of 1812 - the Regiment de Watteville.

      Delete
  2. A splendid job Keith...
    A few jolly jack tars should finish it off nicely...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly - yes indeed, just have to decide from whom to impress the said tars - Americans via Brigade Games may be appropriate as the ship may end up in War of 1812 games and impressment was one of the main excuses the Americans used for their unprovoked and ineffective attacks on Canada!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Phil - looking forward to your next game report :)

      Delete
  4. Great job Keith. Where do you think you will go for the crew, when you do get around to them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lawrence - I think probably Brigade Games although the slight challenge is that most (if not all) wargames sailors are created as "fighters" (shore parties or boarding parties etc) rather than crews just going about the routine business of sailing a ship, so will have to see......

    ReplyDelete