Monday 24 June 2019

RCW Vehicles 

As a break from endless pictures of our China trip, here are the three Matchbox Yesteryear models I converted to Bolshevik use back at the beginning of June.

I have experimented with using my Sony Camcorder on photo mode, rather than the camera in my Samsung phone. They certainly are much clearer images - but perhaps TOO clear - no hiding any of the faults with this level of detail - ah well!

One armoured car and two trucks completed. I have two more open backed trucks, both based on Ford Model T chassis, ready for a spray undercoat, plus the staff car

Above and below, the two turreted Armoured Car, based on the Talbot truck chassis

Below, Model T Ford truck exactly as manufactured, just with a new paint job


Above and below, the Crossley coal truck with sacks and cab roof removed.


4 comments:

  1. Very nice Keith, and the red wheels make for a very attractive contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lawrence - the red spokes are how they all originally arrived at my place - I noticed last night that I have actually sprayed them black on one of the two remaining trucks - not that it matters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely armoured car and trucks, splendid work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much Iain - I had fun doing these basic and simple conversions!

    ReplyDelete