Saturday 28 December 2019

A Couple of Eureka Figures Completed

I have fancied getting a unit of Eureka's Gordon Horse ever since they came on the market a few years ago and recently bought the officer (Gordon himself in theory) plus his standard bearer. I intend using these two as a generic command element to add to my Covenanter force (poor old Gordon will be spinning in his grave!) but I haven't decided exactly how yet, so they remain unbased.

Two images of each figure below, followed by examples of the last two Portuguese line battalions I will need to paint to round out Silvieras Division, the 13th (2 figures on the left) and 24th regiments (3 figures on the right) commanded by Bradford.

Somehow I have managed to add the image of the Napoleonic figures twice and I can't figure out how to remove the extra copy on this #~*#$! iPad....! Maybe next time I will have a try at loading everything in reverse, as Mark suggested.






8 comments:

  1. Your ECW officers look great!

    For removing the duplicate photo via iPad, open blog in Design mode, bring your post up in edit mode, press and hold on the photo until the command bar appears, and then select "remove." That should get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok thanks for the advice Jonathan. I had an idea it should be something along those line but obviously didn't look in the right place...I tried using the 'review' function but could not seem to delete anything from there...maybe I just needed to hold my finger on the photo a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugger.... Gave that a try but I still have the problem that I can't scroll down past the first image. I guess I could delete the first three then reload the two of the ECW officer but I don't think it's worth that much effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great ECW figures there Keith, and I don't think it hurts being able to see the Portuguese figures twice in the same viewing. I have to admit I'm not a fan of Blogger on the iPad, and much prefer viewing and editing posts through the laptop. How people manage it with a mobile phone I'll never know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree Lawrence.....but beggars can't be choosers and the old iPad is my only option at present! I have viewed other people's blogs on my phone a few times but I agree, trying to load stuff on the tiny screen would be a challenge for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice toys indeed Keith...

    Do you use the Google App to access Blogger or do you go via Safari...?
    I ask because I use the Google App on my IPad and I find it less problematic.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Aly...and Happy New Year to you. I think I use Safari. From Safari, I select Google, but perhaps there is a way of avoiding Safari altogether? I assume I have very old versions of the software too as the iPad must be approximately ten years old...I had a try at updating the browser etc but not sure I achieved anything much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try downloading the google app from the App Store... and take that route.
      I can’t promise that it will work on an antique IPad... but what the hell

      All the. best. Aly

      Delete