Tuesday 24 December 2019

Testing

Testing...

This is just a quick test to see if I can upload an image to this blog using a ten year old iPad. Mark of 1866 and All That fame tried to explain it to me at the Sunday Cowboy game but that involved emailing photos from my phone so not sure I will get to the level of technicality! What I DO think I may be able to manage is taking a picture using the iPad camera then loading that image to the blog.

The other thing I do not appear to be able to do is alter font size etc....I did try to make the title above a larger font size and bold, but couldn't go it to work....

Ok so I seem to have been able to load a couple of images but what I can't figure out how to do is "move" down the page so I can add comments below each image....so these are four Victorian ladies from Eureka in Australia.

If this test works I will try to add some more posts over the next couple of weeks while I am on Christmas holiday....which started about two hours ago....YAY!




13 comments:

  1. Ok...that seems to have worked so lookout for a few new blog posts over the next few days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back! What happened to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing really Jonathan, just had my PC crap out and found blogging without it to be a hassle. To be honest it's still harder using the iPad than it was previously but mark has been nagging me about getting back into blogging for months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keith, Blogger has some odd behaviors on the iPad with font size, especially if you cut and paste from another apps, but if you place the cursor in the paragraph then change the style to Heading 1 then back to Normal, it seems to fix it. The scroll feature has always been an issue (although it is partly fixed with iOS 13) that I get around by writing the post in reverse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing each post backwards? That sounds painful!

      Delete
    2. Yes I agree Jonathan, I don't think my simple brain could handle that....I have enough trouble the standard way!

      Delete
    3. Hey, e-publishing is what I do for a living so deconstruction is pretty standard stuff for me, but usually I write the post in another app an cut and paste into Blogger so building it in reverse is pretty simple really.

      Delete
  5. Nice to see you back blogging Keith, and nice work on the figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and superb civilians...Happy to see you back and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Phil and I wish you the same in return

    ReplyDelete