Wednesday 6 May 2020

Sons of the Empire - Part Two

Here are the remainder of the images of my Empire troops. A brief description below each one. As we are now at Level 3 in our COVID 19 alert system, I have returned to work, although many of my colleagues remain working from home - so the office is pretty quiet. Likewise the roads, my normal 60-90 minute commute is only taking 30 minutes at the moment - so a worldwide pandemic is not all bad!


6th Bengal Native Infantry 1850’s – Old Glory


2nd Bengal Native Infantry 1850’s – Old Glory


16th Bengal Native Infantry 1850’s – Old Glory


69th Bengal Native Infantry 1850’s – Old Glory



Guides Native Infantry 1890’s – Old Glory


Sikh Native Infantry 1890’s – Old Glory


Native Infantry 1890’s – Old Glory


Native Infantry 1890’s – Old Glory


Ghurka Infantry 1890's - Old Glory


Native Infantry 1890’s – Old Glory


Ghurka Infantry 1890's - Old Glory


Sikh Native Infantry 1890’s – Old Glory


Indian Mountain Guns 1890’s – Old Glory


Indian Cavalry 1890’s – Old Glory 


Bengal Lancers 1890’s – Old Glory


Dismounted Indian Cavalry 1890's - Old Glory


Indian Infantry E Africa WW1 - Old Glory


Indian Infantry E Africa WW1 - Old Glory


German Askaris and European officers E Africa WW1 - Brigade Games


German Askari HMG E Africa WW1 - Brigade Games


Kings African Rifles and European officers E Africa WW1 - Brigade Games


Kings African Rifles and European officers E Africa WW1 - Brigade Games


Kings African Rifles E Africa WW1 - Brigade Games


That's all for now - hope you enjoy these images and that you are all keeping well

21 comments:

  1. I love the photos of your troops! Very fine collection. You know, the Old Glory figures look quite good. All handsomely painting too. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathon - yes, Old Glory have some very nice ranges, and some that are a bit average. I was under whelmed when I got my first batch of 1st Edition British Napoleonics - so did not get any more of them - but 2nd Edition are ok - and many of the other ranges - such as the NW Frontier and Boer War etc - are perfectly acceptable. My friend Julian has a large number of Norman/Dark Ages figures by OG and they stand up very well against other, more highly though of manufacturers.

      Delete
    2. Old Glory has some great ranges in 25mm. Among my favorites are the Spanish-American War and Italian Wars ranges.

      Delete
  2. A great collection with a nice assortment of units. You really can't fault Old Glory for the breadth of their range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes agreed Lawrence...and that extends to their 15/18mm ranges too....they seem to be pretty extensive and look like very nice sculpts

      Delete
  3. Fabulous job, painting and basing, on these typical and beautiful units...Congrats rross!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil...I do think some of the basing is a bit average and I do a better job nowadays but I can live with it...no rebasing on my agenda..EVER!

      Delete
    2. Your troops look great, and I am very firmly in the no rebasing, not now, not ever camp!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for your visit and comments!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's quite a collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is quite an eye opener when I get them all out of the boxes Ray.

      Delete
  5. A great collection Keith, I am not sure I would risk getting all the toys out, I suspect the quartermaster my question where the holiday money went :-)
    Loving the 1890's they are on the list one day in the future.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu....I don't expose them to public gaze...they stay in the garage and I am the only one who sees them!

      Delete
  6. Really like the 1890s figures, especially the Sikhs! You've got a great range of colonial troops!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain...it's a shame they rarely get to take to the field

      Delete
  7. Enjoying these parade of miniature regiments very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know Mark.....I was wondering if it might be becoming a bit boring. I have a long weekend off (it's Friday morning here now) so I will try to get some new painting done for my next post.

      Delete
  8. Wow! Those are awesome, Keith. I didn't realize OG had such a wide variety of troops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean....Old Glory certainly do have a large range of figures covering many interesting periods

      Delete
  9. Another excellent parade Keith...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly.... It's been fun opening all the boxes that gave sat untouched
      in my garage cupboards for so long...hopefully soon I will be able to start posting game reports again.

      Delete