Sunday 10 May 2020

Weekend Progress

I had Friday 8 May as a day off, so have just had a long weekend and I have managed to put some of the time to good use by painting up a few more Colonial troops from my small lead pile

There are two gun crews, one in khaki, the other in more traditional blue, plus the last four highlanders from the group I have been working on for a couple of weeks. All the figures are based individually so they may be used for skirmish games if required. As with previous colonial collections, these are once again from Old Glory, as is the gun.

















Next up, I have a group of slightly earlier colonial Brits that will be painted in red coats and blue trousers, a la Zulu War or the Second Afghan War (both around 1879)

14 comments:

  1. Very good work, Keith! The manufacturer of these figures are easliy identifiable as Old Glory. It is nice to have an extra day for a good painting session, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathon. Yes an extra day is always welcome!

      Delete
  2. Very nice reinforcement, Keith. It seems like you've had a really productive time:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dmitry...I could have done more but as these are not a new project, motivation was not as high...I am happy with what was achieved however!

      Delete
  3. Great work Keith, and those blue kilts work really well with the khaki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence. I always used to think the dominant colour of a kilt was dark green but watching one if the highland regiment pipe bands on YouTube recently, I noticed that in fact, it's primarily blue.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful stuff Keith.
    Much needed support I sense :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu. These chaps have been patiently waiting for a slap of paint for several years, so it's good to get them done at last.

      Delete
  5. Nice work mate. A day off well spent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark...I see you have been busy tree planting!

      Delete
  6. Super looking artillery and good looking Highlanders! I continue to procrastinate about my Highlanders in kilts, maybe one day!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Highlanders, no Hussars....but plenty of beautifully painted Renaissance and Dark Ages troops Iain! I am sure one day, you will get to all that tartan....

      Delete