Sunday 5 July 2020

Modern Parade - Part One

Its a busy time of year for me at work - apologies to those in lockdown, on furlough etc due to COVID19 - so I have not had much energy/motivation to do anything other than sit in front of Netflix or similar TV apps over the last week. Coupled with this, I managed to pick up some kind of stomach bug that put me out of action for about 24 hours, at a particularly inconvenient time, as I should have been attending a "We survived the Level 4 Lockdown" dinner last night, organised by my friend Mark from 1866 and All That.

Today being Sunday, and finally feeling a bit better, I have gone through some of my Modern 20mm collection and taken a few images which follow below.

I have tried to identify the manufacturers correctly but its possible I have made an error or two, as during the building of this collection, I purchased figures from basically every manufacturer with an appropriate range!

 
The first three images are by Elheim, who have a very extensive range of beautifully sculpted figures


 
The next three pictures are British infantry by another manufacturer, Under Fire Miniatures




 
Above are female soldiers interacting with Afghan women - mainly Elheim again

 
A female dog handler by Elheim Miniatures

 
A western news crew by MJ Miniatures

 
Another news crew, these are by Britannia Miniatures

 
Above and below, armed females by Elheim


 
Above and below some British infantry from the extensive Liberation Models range


 
Above more Liberation figures - these are US Delta troops of the Blackhawk Down era

 
Above and below are the figures who featured in last weeks game - modern Australians by Wartime Miniatures that I repurposed into New Zealanders by adding the black and white NZ emblem to their shoulders!


 
The final group today are modern US troops from the Liberation range
 
I really enjoyed collecting and painting these figures and have thought on a few occasions that I really should get them out more often, as this is a perfect era and scale of combat for solo gaming. Maybe I will eventually get around to giving this a try...…. .next post, I will feature some of their opponents.

16 comments:

  1. Great parade Keith. We missed you last night...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark...yes it was a bit of a bugger but I was glad I did not come - on top of the constant visits to the smallest room, I also developed a splitting head ache - I don't think I have ever had a genuine migraine but what I had yesterday must have come close. Much better today I am pleased to report!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection, Keith! Too bad you missed the celebratory post-COVID survival dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathon. Yes, it was a great shame I missed the meal but we git some very good news a couple of days ago that our friend John will be able to host us all for our annual wargaming week at his lake side holiday home at Tarawera in Sept or Oct, so that's something to really look forward to!

      Delete
  4. A wonderful mix and great parade. Nice to see how a number of differing manufacturers compare to one another.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu - I might try putting several manufacturers next to each other to give a comparison of sizes and sculpting styles

      Delete
  5. A great mix of figures Keith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray, they were great fun to collect - when I started out, I intended to get something like a platoon - around 30 men - but ended up with something more like a company, or possibly even more!

      Delete
  6. A lovely collection there Keith, and sorry to hear you had to miss the dinner with the group. I'm sure there will be plenty more, especially on your next weekend away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence - yes, given that I cant remember the last time I had a sick day off work, its rather irritating this came up at the weekend, and particularly a weekend when I actually had something pleasant to do - C'est la vie!

      Delete
  7. Really nice miniatures! Love civilians, they bring life in a table and simply decorate the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dmitry - I agree, I always like to decorate my games with a few civilians if possible!

      Delete
  8. Great looking modern troops and terrain. Good to hear you're feeling better. BTW, I am also on furlough, as most Washington state employees, every Monday this month abd a day a month until December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. It must be a worrying time for many people but at least with our wonderful hobby, we have something satisfying to do with the extra spare time at home!

      Delete
  9. Lovely looking moderns and lousy news about the meal! Glad your feeling better!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ian...I feel like three or four days is a long enough gap so will probably post the next instalment of this parade tonight!

      Delete