Wednesday 8 July 2020

Modern Parade - Part Two

This time, I have on display a few of my many "baddies" for the "War on Terror" - namely Afghan Taliban and Arab Al Qaida fighters. I have not taken so many pictures of these because I have neither the variety of equipment nor of different figure ranges that I have for the ISAF forces.

 
Three AK47 armed Taliban in traditional headwear and a fourth with an LMG

 
A commander and RPG team - all seven figures are by Liberation Miniatures

 
A Liberation mortar crew

 
And an HMG crew from the same range

 
These four Taliban commanders are by Elheim

 
These are Liberation Al Qaida arabs

 
A senior leader, an Imam preaching from the Koran and an RPG operator by Liberation, while the stinger armed fighter is Elheim

 
A civilian cart and motocycle "spotter" - I think both are by Britannia

 
Two up on motorcycle with an LMG and RPG, Britannia Miniatures and an Arab motorcyclist by Liberation

 
Mixed group of civilians from Liberation, Britannia and Elheim

 
Goat herder and his wife and goats from Britannia

 
A few IED piles I knocked up, mainly using kebab skewers. I have never used them in a game so far - I need to work out some rules for them! Next time, vehicles, I think!

10 comments:

  1. Really interesting project with great looking figures. My favorites are the guys on motorcycles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. I agree, the motorcyclists are really attractive figures

      Delete
  2. Great mix of colours for the insurgent types, despite wearing everyday clothes it can be a struggle to get the civilian feel right.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu. I know what you mean....you don't want to use unrealistic colours but on the other hand you don't want to only have the same three or four colours across fifty or seventy figures. Hopefully I got it about right!

      Delete
  3. Lovely work again Keith. Britannia make some lovely figures, and I have a fair bit of their WWII range awaiting completion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Lawrence....they also have a Crimean range that I was tempted by at one stage!

      Delete
  4. Nice! It’s good to see interesting not mainstream projects.
    Looking forward to vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dmitry...have a look in a few days, I will probably post the vehicles this weekend...

      Delete
  5. Grest looking troops Keith, great colours too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray...probably about time for the next instalment of this parade!

      Delete