Sent from the UK on 19 June, this was waiting for me today, 25 June - not too bad at all for free shipping with Caliver Books (although unfortunately, the figures are no longer any cheaper than buying them direct from source)
I have FINALLY acquired a few Bad Squiddo WW2 maidens to add to my Red Army hoard! And very nice they are too, although whether they are worth 10% more than 40 Warlord 28mm plastic infantry figures is a moot point......
5 packs, weighing in at 290g - or NZ$110!
82mm mortar and crew
Three tank riders
HMG crew - weapon in 4 parts, yet to be assembled
Flame thrower team
The last six are all scouts
And that's your lot! Cleaning up and undercoating over the weekend, perhaps......
Thanks for stopping by and do let me know what you think of the Bad Squiddo figures!









I shall look forward to see these luvvly ladies with a lick of paint on them!
ReplyDeleteCheers Ray - I will try not to disappoint!
DeleteThat is a great delivery time, as I can easily wait longer than this for free delivery or 2nd class post in the UK. A good mix of figures, but the legs of the flamethrower team look rather thin and out of proportion compared to the other figures. Picky I know, but you did ask:)! As for their value, it is all in the eye of the beholder type thingy...
ReplyDeleteYes, I thought so too Steve. I can see what you mean about the spindly legs, too!
DeleteNice! I do enjoy Caliver’s free shipping on figures.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jon. The minimum order value has gone from around 20 quid to nearly 50 in the last 10 years or so....but it's still a good deal!
DeleteNo tank crew? Ive got some tank riders uo do when I get round to them, think the flamethrower crew are fine to be honest, its nice to get a bit of variety would be my answer on the cost front?
ReplyDeleteBest Iain
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteNot this time Iain. I think I probably have too many female crew already. They were a real thing, but pretty rare and I probably have a 50/50 male to female ratio in my collection!
DeleteSomething to look forward to seeing painted. By the next post perhaps?
ReplyDeleteI will have a couple of AAR to do before that Richard!
DeleteShipping from any country other than one's own has gotten downright silly. I'm at the point now where I just wont order from Non-US stores. Which is sad, because there are so many good hobby producers out there.
ReplyDeleteI have the three in your last pic and use them in my Soviet "Winter Onsies" squad. Very nice sculpts that were fun to paint up if memory serves. I can only imagine that the rest of your haul are as nice outside of the lovely examples in your pics.
You are correct about shipping Dai but in New Zealand we don't have much option but to grin and bear it!
DeleteYes, painting the scouts up in winter kit is an option I have considered....
Very decent figures for sure Keith, they look great and offer something different, Super service from Caliver, always find them very good to deal with.
ReplyDeleteThanks Dai, I really like the Bad Squiddo figures and I am looking forward to painting them up.
DeleteI am a big fan of Bad Squiddo and had a number of these ladies in my Soviet force, they just help to break up the poses and add some character. That shipping time was excellent though, wow!
ReplyDeleteThanks Michael. Yip, shipping time was very impressive for a change
DeleteOh! Really nice stuff!
ReplyDeleteThanks Michal....I think so too 😊
DeleteSome interesting figures there Keith, so it will be great to see what you do with them.
ReplyDeleteThanks Lawrence hopefully I can do them justice!
DeleteExcellent delivery Keith.
ReplyDeleteFrom the front the flamethrower team look like they could be painted as wearing a mini dress and long boots.... very 60's😁
Haha - its all in the eye of the beholder Ben - their breeches DO look pretty figure hugging!
DeleteLooking forward to seeing these painted up. Bad Squiddo produce some lovely figures
ReplyDeleteThanks Scotty - they do indeed - I hope my skills are up to the challenge!
DeleteKeith, looking forward to seeing these hit the campaign trail. You previous work shows a real talent for female characters. As for too many tank commanders; simply a shortage of armored vehicles.
ReplyDeleteThank you Joe and I like your thinking on the tank commanders conundrum!
DeleteThe title of your post sounds like what I say to my wife. "A parcel arrived, I don't know where it came from!"
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
And she believes you, James....I didn't think so!
Delete